TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a picture of the wheels im getting on the same year and color as my car, but my question is i want to have 17s in front and 18s in the rear.... how do you know which offset to get, or is there really one offset that will fit properly?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
eww burnt rice.... nice looking wheels tho lol.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
lol sorry.. but the only import ill drive is a yota :D im not saying its not badass or nething... and i was kidding incase no one else caught the "lol" in there..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Not trying to be ugly but I've noticed a new trend on this site.

People move up or out from the Birds and they continue to come here and ask questions on their new rides. Weird.

I think it would be best to visit the appropriate site for make/model in question.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
it runs 13s because thats what people tell him...13second car, 15 second driver.

on that note, I assume those are Volks or Rays rims? gonna cost, I wouldnt run a staggered size setup, you are going to have to worry about matching aspect ratios so that the tires are all the same height. Anywho, why be concerned about offset numbers, just find the correct model number for the rims you want from the manufacturers website. If they offer a specific package or set of rims in such a staggered size/negative offset spec, your answer is right there. Your question can be easily answered by merely finding out who makes those rims and going from there.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
wow..:eek:

never thot i could start something like this just by saying "eww...burnt rice" lol. sorry dude.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
i still laid down the basis for hijacking the thread tho.. :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
oh and btw Obucina theyre completely stock wheels..if it is indeed a "13 second car" then these wheels should have come standard as part of the "Z-Tune" package as even a hard boiled american muscle man knows a stock z wouldnt run anything short of a 14.5-15.. take a look see

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Nismo/Nismo_Z33.htm

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh and btw Obucina theyre completely stock wheels..if it is indeed a "13 second car" then these wheels should have come standard as part of the "Z-Tune" package as even a hard boiled american muscle man knows a stock z wouldnt run anything short of a 14.5-15.. take a look see

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Nismo/Nismo_Z33.htm

those arent the wheels in the picture, the wheels in the picture are from a company called Rota, they are P45R's in hyper black.

Does anyone know how you would figure out what size tires to run so that they are the same height in front and rear if i do go 18s in the rear?

The tires now are 235/50/17s so i imagine i would need to just figure out what tires would match for 18s

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
When I think of rice, I think of a Honda Civic with a body kit, giant wing and a fart cannon. I don't think of the 350Z. Very nice cars. Generalizations are gay.
Claims with no proof is gay.

235/50ZR17=26.7 inch in diameter.

245/45ZR18= 26.7 inch diameter.

Thats what you want Musto.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
again the only import i have driven/owned or will drive/own is a toyota.. truck preferrably.. unless someone approaches me with a very good deal on an early model skyline (ex. 74-76 GT-R)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
again the only import i have driven/owned or will drive/own is a toyota.. truck preferrably.. unless someone approaches me with a very good deal on an early model skyline (ex. 74-76 GT-R)
Toyota trucks are crap dude.Take it from a guy thats works for Toyota.

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Claims with no proof is gay.

235/50ZR17=26.7 inch in diameter.

245/45ZR18= 26.7 inch diameter.

Thats what you want Musto.

Exactlty what i needed, thanks man.

Let me throw this out now....

The rear tires are 245-50-17, theyre staggered so i cant rotate them... and when you get new tires your soposed to keep it staggered, between .5 and 1in diffrence, so with that in mind...what size tires would i use for the rear with 18 instead of 17in rims?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts