TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
LOoks pretty good! Goes well with the black!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Lets see the rears in a cloud of smoke than I can give ya an honest answer.

Just kidding,They look really good against the Black paint.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i honestly couldnt tell you what that spoiler is. it was on th SC that i took the body kit off of. ive been trying to find out what it is and when i do ill let ya know. thanks for the compliments guys

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Looks good, other than nothing kills the looks of a wheel faster than the dual bolt pattern. I know that if you have 5, 10 shouldn't be that bad, but I passed on some for my older Cougar because of that.

I know 50 bucks on strut rods is expensive, but pictures with the hood open with a mop handle prop rod I almost didn't notice the new shiney wheels! As the king of wheel gap I say fix the hood first! I would lower mine more as well but then I couldn't open up the door at work (the door would hit the curb) and get in and out of my driveway at the speeds and angles I do now.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is nothing nothing wrong with the mop handle. it wont allow the hood to fall on my head. the stock hoods gonna be replaced with a fiberglass one and then ill put an actual prop rod on it. and im gonna lower it for the reason of the wheel gap and setting the suspension up for handeling. its a work in progress and i can only go one step at a time

·
Registered
483 Posts
beauty i likey now if only i knew how to post my pictures lol.....do you feel like the mack now??

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Hope you got those Gatorback tires cheap!! ;)

245/45 should be on wider wheels than that, hopefully it doesn't cause you any issues. You can see in the photos how they're bulging off the 7" wheels.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I think those look better than they do on a 9 inch wide wheel.

I like those rims, and if you are lowering it, it will look okay, but then you will have a ton of space front and back in the wheel well.

I want some 7 inch wide wheels and put some 235/55/17s on the 89. That would look good. Here is what a 245/45/17 looks like on a 9 inch wide wheel, 8 inch would be perfect (for width, these are still too small for our cars):

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i agree. i should have them on 8s but i got 7s. but hey i only paid $40 for the tires so when i wear them out im gonna get something different that will fit the rims a little better. those are just a temporary kinda thing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts