TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going to start a new add-on list...

Really would like comments and suggestion...
Any help appreciated!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AEI-13103 Adj. Fuel Pres. Regulator[/URL]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FMS-M-7194-AD Trans Oil Pan with plug!
FMS-M4001M373 COMPLETE CARRIER 8.8
JBA Headers from PerformanceCenter.com
80/90MM LMAF from Five Star Ford 1L3Z-12B5579AA
Harness F68Z-12A690-AA
Did the 80mm 02 Cobra MAF work better?
Chip from Dennis Reinhart
jsp-73209 Mini Scorpion Wing
FMS-M-6001A50 GT 40 Cobra R Intake
Is this really the best you can get?
Is only says that it can handle 425 ponies...
What if I put on the S/C??
Can it handle that?
FMS-M-6049-X303 Heads
FMS-M7398D Wide Ratio AOD Upgrade
What about pushrods?
Brand? Part#?
Know I've asked about roller rockers before but I can't find that one again!
Part#?
FMS-M-6013-B347 347 stroker kit

Fuel pump?
Aeromotive Engineering?
255 Lph?
Part#?

Injector size?
36# ?
Larger?

Total Price: around $6000
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh why don't I collect Lego or something cheap instead...
:D:D:D

Now the nice questions....
I know bigger isn't better and but I got to ask all the gurus around here...

Will everything work together?
Have I missed anything? Except TB?
Is there anything better? Would something make things worse?
Do I need something more to make something fit?

Really sorry for all the questions but I would really appreciate all the
help I can get...!

A really big THANKS for all help!

Reg's
//Per A

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hmmm, well here's my $.02:

I have been told the X heads aren't that great. My choice would be to go with AFR or Edelbrock. I have not used the X heads, this was from when I did my research before I bought mine.

I run Crane moly push rods...I like Comp Cams stuff as well, but Crane made them in the length I needed without special ordering them. Just don't buy the $39 specials, especially if you need to run springs with more seat pressure than stock, which is just about all aftermarket springs, especially when adding a new cam.

Personally, I would not run a 347 stroker kit if supercharged. Too much stress on the parts. 331 would be a better choice...in either case, a stroker will not last as long as a stock stroke.

Aeromotive is good stuff, but their hp support claims are underrated on their external pumps. I've seen a engine that ran out of Aeromotive-provided fuel under boost...not pretty.

As far as fuel injectors, you need to match the size to the amount of hp you'll be making. A safe rule of thumb is if you are going to double the hp from stock, then double the injector size. The bigger the injector, the more you will have drivability issues at idle and start up to correct with a chip. The largest high impedence injector made (as far as I know) is the MSD 50#.

I would go with the EEC-Tuner and SCTuner software if you are planning these mods. Do one dyno tune and then tweak your tune from there and adjust for conditions and new modifications. More potential than a mail-order chip, and more versatile with no downtime like reburn would cause. With the parts you are talking about, the car will run very poorly (if at all) without a chip. The con is the significant learning curve you'll go through learning to tune.

You need to do research on a cam...do that last after you decide on everything else. The cam will make or break your combo if not selected properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts