TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for letting me join, I just got a 1994 Ford Thunderbird LX and absolutely love it. This thing runs and drives great, haven't had any problems with it other than I have no tunes. The radio comes on, but I don't hear anything. Even with the volume all the way up. I think the factory amp is bad, it has the premium sound so I know it has one. Anyway, like I said this is a great car other than that. I've owned it just over a day and already put close to 150 miles on it. I hope to learn more about the car as I own it, and from y'all as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wow thats one clean looking T-Bird. Im happy that you dont need a major work done on it and you can enjoy driving it. Congrats man and welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the price I paid, I'm kind of surprised it doesn't need a ton of work. I mean sure the car can use a respray in a few areas, but that seems to be normal for cars this age. I plan to drive it as much as I can.

·
Administrator
8,007 Posts
Welcome!

Car looks great, can you get some other pictures of the seats?

Joe

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Welcome!

That car is loaded - auto headlamps, climate control, etc.

Al

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Either find someone on here with another factory radio, or move into the 21st century with one from Crutchfield with Bluetooth hands free calling, CD and USB for around $150 or so. Had good luck with the Kenwoods.

Al

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Either find someone on here with another factory radio, or move into the 21st century with one from Crutchfield with Bluetooth hands free calling, CD and USB for around $150 or so. Had good luck with the Kenwoods.

Al
I think the head unit works, it's the amp that is bad. I'm going to try and bypassing it and see what that does. I'll eventually get a new head unit, but for the time being I just want sound.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow, that's one beautiful Bird. My T-Bird at this time has no sound ( tunes ) either. I've been trying, to get my hands on a factory unit with so far no luck. I even posted a message on here. I'll probably have to go to an aftermarket unit. But that's Ok, theres some excellent systems out there.
I did some inexpensive mods to my Thunderbird to give it a little more umph. if interested, let me know.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,255 Posts
Wow, that's one beautiful Bird. My T-Bird at this time has no sound ( tunes ) either. I've been trying, to get my hands on a factory unit with so far no luck. I even posted a message on here. I'll probably have to go to an aftermarket unit. But that's Ok, theres some excellent systems out there.
I did some inexpensive mods to my Thunderbird to give it a little more umph. if interested, let me know.

If possible, get to know the audio technician at a ford dealership. They might have a rebuilt (repaired) ford branded radio for your car.
I did that and got a stock CD, cassette player for my 2004 mountaineer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If possible, get to know the audio technician at a ford dealership. They might have a rebuilt (repaired) ford branded radio for your car.
I did that and got a stock CD, cassette player for my 2004 mountaineer.
Sounds like a good idea, but the nearest Ford dealer is about an hour away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I might be later on, right now and for the foreseeable future, I have no extra money to play with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts