TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, first post :)

Anyway, I have a slight problem with my new system. I put in a new CD player, two new sets of speakers, an amp and sub. The last thing I installed was the sub and amp combo.
Here's the problem... when I installed the sub and amp, everything worked fine. THen, in the middle of a drive, no sound came out of my speakers- not even a hissing noise! Then, when I removed the amp power wire from the back of the CD player, the speakers worked again just fine. Now, everytime I try and put the amp power wire on the leads from the CD player, I just get no music though everything else seems to be working just fine.

I am baffled- any help would be appreciated! Also, talk down to me so that I can understand. Thanks!
:D

·
Registered
157 Posts
need more info...

I read your post twice... you said "everytime you connect the power wire from the amp to the back of the cdplayer"

Do you mean power wire or amp turn on wire?? I hope you mean the amp turn on wire also known as remote turn on. It should be a small wire. let me know here or e-mail me [email protected].

·
Registered
157 Posts
where is it connected?

Okay good I ws hoping you ment the remote turn on. where are you connecting the remote turn on wire? If you have a power antenna lead connect it to there or the amp turn on wire. They are both blue. But one is blue with a white strip believe its the antenna. And the solid blue is the remote turn on.

Let me know..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those two blue wires you are referring to were the ones that I used. They worked great and then now if I put the remote turn on wire to those two, I now get no sound. That's what's puzzling- I have never even heard of no sound before like that?
:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Your remote turn-on is grounding out somewhere. I'd go over it and check for cuts or knicks in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry so long.....

Hey there,

Sorry I didn't post back. My computer went down :(
Anyway, THANK YOU- that's exactly what was happening. There was a tiny tear in the wire right were it passes through a metal hole in the trunk. THank you for your help and as long as your first name is Joey- I will name my first born after you!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Re: Sorry so long.....

joeyroland said:
Hey there,

Sorry I didn't post back. My computer went down :(
Anyway, THANK YOU- that's exactly what was happening. There was a tiny tear in the wire right were it passes through a metal hole in the trunk. THank you for your help and as long as your first name is Joey- I will name my first born after you!
No problem. I'm not a Joey, but I guess that will suffice:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts