TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the group a couple of days ago. I am definitely looking forward to gaining some power in my Cougar. I have a 94 Cougar with a few mods.

Performance:
Kooks Headers
Underdrive pulley set
K&N POD Filter
Custom dual exhaust w/ flowmaster 40s
Eastern Catalytic High Flow Cats
Magnaflow X-Pipe
Dyno Tuned (low hp at 181)

Near Future MODS(hopefully)
PI Heads(need help deciding which ones)
Comp xe270ah cams
75mm Throttle Body
bigger injectors(need advice)
other supporting Mods

I have trouble finding parts for the 94. Need some advice

Alan

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts
Welcome. You'll like those COMP cams. I ran those for a number of years before stepping my game up.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Welcome! Post some pics of the car.

Al

·
Banned
575 Posts
I got an 80mm mafs and 24lb injectors you could use..
Land some ported pi or even ported npi heads can flow well, pi intake, bbk 78mm tbody and plenum combo and aftermarket cams of ur choice and a tune, you will be making some good power.
The pi parts can be found at almost any junkyard for dirt cheap..
Or a cheap route. Start with just a pi intake swap..its not hard on a 94, just need to open the wire loom to extend a few wires and change over the tps sensor plug and route a few vacuum line..on my 94 the pi intake swap,3in cai,80mm mafs and 75mm tbody and plenum really woke the car up..

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
If you want to use 270s, ported PIs with a TFS intake will be your best bet to use the cams to their full potential. You can use a victor Jr. intake if you use an elbow (both intakes have the same operating range) and those are alot cheaper and simpler to use. Sounds like you have a good build so far, cant wait to see it all done. P.S. Youre going to need a new torque converter to handle those rpms, the stock one starts to balloon at 5100. If you go with the set up I described Id use 30lb injectors with a 255lph fuel pump

·
Banned
575 Posts
If you want to use 270s, ported PIs with a TFS intake will be your best bet to use the cams to their full potential. You can use a victor Jr. intake if you use an elbow (both intakes have the same operating range) and those are alot cheaper and simpler to use. Sounds like you have a good build so far, cant wait to see it all done. P.S. Youre going to need a new torque converter to handle those rpms, the stock one starts to balloon at 5100. If you go with the set up I described Id use 30lb injectors with a 255lph fuel pump
I ran 24s with pi heads cams, ported typhoon intake ,75mm intake,80mm mafs,exhaust with no cats and a 125 dry sh0t and only ran at like 70% something duty cycles . I won't say exactly as it's been years but 30s to be safe but I'm sure 24s would get by.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I ran 24s with pi heads cams, ported typhoon intake ,75mm intake,80mm mafs,exhaust with no cats and a 125 dry sh0t and only ran at like 70% something duty cycles . I won't say exactly as it's been years but 30s to be safe but I'm sure 24s would get by.
The set up I described is much more powerful than basically stock engine. You probably made 260-270 crank with that before the NOS and if you used a 125 shot on 24s than you were really stretching their limit. The max for them is about 380crank and that is at 100% DC. 385hp crank is what, on paper, you were making. If you were using 24s and a high pressure fuel pump (60 psi) then you were basically running 30s. So I stand by my statement. If we want to be nit picky 26s will be good too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts