TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished replacing the intake manifold on my '97 4.6 T Bird. When I started it, All seemed fine for about 30 seconds. Then the person working with me reported a "fuel leak" almost exactly in the middle of the car about at the back of the engine compartment. It was composed of a very high volume of liquid. (est. a gallon in 3-4 minutes).
My first thought was a cracked fuel filter, but the filter seemed much closer to the edge of the car than where the leak was, also although I did not take the cover off where I think the filter was, there was no moisture around it. There was however, the smell of fuel. The lines were dry where connecting to the fuel rail and to the pressure regulator. I am not sure it was all fuel, but there was an obvious fuel smell. Any ideas? This is my first mechanical project of any consequence.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Well, there is the fuel line from the fuel filter which is under the car, to the fuel rail up on the engine, to the injectors, so the connections are:

1) Fuel filter to fuel line
2) Fuel line to fuel rail
3) Fuel rail to fuel injectors

So I would be checking all those connections FIRST, then maybe pressure regulator and elsewhere.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts