TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every one,newbie here in hope that someone can help me. i have put a 1994 3.8 sc engine into a 1972 reliant scimitar.(yeah yeah,i know,plastic pig!)
now, i have most of the wiring sorted but need to know where the wires go for the transmission. its a auto and theres a few wires that i need to establish what they do,where they go,and do i actually need them in an aftermarket install. no doubt some of you out there that have put this engine into other things than a thunderbird so if anyone knows the wiring for the 4R70W tranny. any help would be gratefully appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,442 Posts
Here's a page diagramming the pinout for the transmission harness connections. The article it comes from as a whole is a good read on the operation and weak points of the transmission as well and I'd highly recommend reading through it too.

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/transmission/page16.shtml

On a side-note, it might be wise to ditch the 94 trans and try to find one out of a 99+ 3.8 Mustang to swap in its place.

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
Cool swap. As was stated, the 99+ v6 mustang trans is much stronger, And here they are dirt cheap and all over the place, but I don't know how readily available they are over there. Also you might want to check out sccoa.com, as those forums are specifically about the SC and there is plenty of information on upgrading, tuning, and troubleshooting the 3.8sc engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts