TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up Everyone? I'm new once again to this site. I have 1996 Black T-Bird 4.6. I'm looking to keep it running well; so far it does. I need some A/C work and possible suspension work too. If anyone can point me in the right direction in the tampa area I would appreciate it!

thanks!

F/X T-Bird

·
Registered
454 Posts
Welcome to the forums, no clue about Tampa area but someone here can surely help out.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Grab a decent shop manual and do the suspension yourself. You could probably do most of the a/c work yourself too and have the guys with the ma-cheen vacuum it out and gas it up. Assuming you have tools and a place to work.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
tampa? blah..heheheh

whats up with the suspension? i'm unfortunately getting as handy as the pollack in LakeWorth(lessifyadon'twearavestatnight) with front end work on these boats

·
Registered
601 Posts
jamesD said:
tampa? blah..heheheh

whats up with the suspension? i'm unfortunately getting as handy as the pollack in LakeWorth(lessifyadon'twearavestatnight) with front end work on these boats
As I am also Polish I take offense to this!!!

Pertaining to your suspension question. There's a garage I go to for ALL of my work called Hopkins Auto. My family has taken cars there for over 10 years or more. If you want more info send me a PM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's got some issue with vibrating. I just replaced the tires, with brand new Kuhmos 245/50/16. I had the rotors cut, the alignment done and the upper, lower control arms. Mad money. I still get a vibration; not as much as before. I hear the bearings can be an issue or the calipers.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
all depends on what speed, gear, rpm, side of the car..could be tc, driveshaft, wheel bearings, wheels themselves, etc

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
jamesD said:
tampa? blah..heheheh

and the pollak and the WASP in wellington.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to have it checked out tomorrow. I was thinking it could be the wheels themselves... I hope not. I'll have them look at the bearings, drive shaft, etc. What part of Florida are you in?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts