TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here have a newer Ford product that has My Ford Touch (or similar)??

I've read online about all these issues it's been having even up to the current cars, and there is now a class action suit against Ford because of it's lack of reliability to work and such. But as with almost everything, you'll hear everyone complain about a product but very little praise of a product.

So wondering if anyone here has any experience with the MFT system, since it seems like it doesn't matter what options or package you choose, that system is being pushed into that package/option

My Wife and i are looking at getting a 2013 Ford Fusion (2.0 ecoboost) or a 2013 Ford Edge SEL (3.5L V6) and since we decided on dual climate control as a option, that forces you to get the MFT in the Fusion, luckily not in the Base SEL Edge, but start adding options.... even thou both center stacks look better with the MFT screen in there.

thank you

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I have had three cars with this system...2011 Mustang GT, 2011 Ford Edge Sport, and now my 2012 Mustang GT..

The system works great. People will always find something to complain about.

The only thing that has ever happened is trying to change a destination on the fly can be tough. If the car is in motion you can only make Navigation changes through voice commands...obviously this can limit searches.

Other than that one minor problem I love it.

Get it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
MY parents have not complaints with it in their Tarsus.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Same here works great in my 2013 sho Taurus I've been doing this long enough people will always complain u will never make them all happy

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm just concerned about the freezing up, Not working with my Iphone 4 and I-pod (3rd Gen Nano) and such.

with the Iphone People say it'll loose the bluetooth connection, ect
with the I-pod (and anything USB based) that it'll re-index every time you start the car, and then get to the point where it give an error saying it can't index it, ect, ect

I've had products before thou where people say they are crap and never had a single problem with them, ever.

The sad thing is i have a small case of paranoia, Or is it just a strong belief of Murphy's law :)

Thanks to the three of you for your insight on the MFT system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts