1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
shoot the prius doesnt even get 60mpg. my buddy has one and is light on the throttle and only gets about 48mpg at best. still good but some corollas get 40mpg so yea.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Hydraulic hybrids are nothing new. UPS has been developing them for their delivery trucks. The big drawback is that the acumulators weigh a ton unless you use composite ones which are very expensive. The projected gains from the UPS trucks are no where near that stated in the article so I question their validity. Here is some info on the UPS system.

http://www.pressroom.ups.com/mediakits/factsheet/0,2305,1315,00.html

-Miller

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
If someone would go out and buy one and let me know when it gets 60 miles to the gallon. If it does I will.......................................................I dont know what I would do.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
all websites are claiming similar numbers.. it is more efficient.. does it matter if it is three or 4 times as much?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have my doubts...serious doubts. If it does actually sniff that mileage...what's the hp and tq on the truck? Can it still perform it's designed function - to get through snow/ice and tow??? Otherwise it's just a weak SUV that has little purpose outside of hauling groceries...like the 4 cylinder SUVs.

BTW - my Prius gets a steady 50 mpg hwy if it's warm enough for the ICE to not cool down when I am going downhill. When it's cooler out (below 50 usually), I generally get in the mid-40s. In the city, depending on where I go, I can drive on straight electric for 2-3 miles at a time...usually resulting in ~70-75 mpg.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
we havent even seen a concept, and it is due for release next august?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts