TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So....I wanted to do something fresh for 2008 and looked at a few possabilites. Came up with a Deep Dish Bullet Cast in a 20X10 +45MM offset matched up with either a 18X9 or 20X8.5 front....Or of course you can do whatever combination you dream up...They would come with TWO sets of Caps. A flat style R cap AND a Bullet/Cone shaped cap.

Also plan to do a 20X8.5 Chrome CobraR...

I am thinking of a Charcoal painted center w/machined lip (Bullets)....MAYBE some Chrome. Input???

Cheers,

Brad

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice Brad! What offset are they going to be making the 20x8.5 in?
Thanks Michael!!

Considering a +40MM offset to help with tucking...As you know, being an 8.5" wheel in a 20 there is plenty of room to play with offset and the LS guys could possibly use them as well...Still need to look into that.

Brad

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
The wheels look good Brad. What sytyle of finish would those have? I've got polished bullets on now, but really like the way they look. I'm not in the market quite yet for wheels since I just put new tires on what I've got - but depending on how an 18x9 and 20x10 or so setup looks - I'd consider it next time around.

-Melon

·
Registered
131 Posts
Would 17s be an option? When I get everything else with the car out of the way I'll be looking for a set of rims and I've been looking at the deep dish Bullets in that very color.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Particularly a black one!!!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wheels look good Brad. What sytyle of finish would those have? I've got polished bullets on now, but really like the way they look. I'm not in the market quite yet for wheels since I just put new tires on what I've got - but depending on how an 18x9 and 20x10 or so setup looks - I'd consider it next time around.

-Melon
I am looking for input with regard to finishes.

I think that a Charcoal (Little bit darker than the photo) would be a nice finish for most any color car. Black is too dark for alot of cars and bright looks OK on everything. So I just thought that a Charcoal would meet everyone halfway. I will do some in Chrome as well. If you have Chrome bullets right now and you want some 20X10 rears thats fine. I doubt I do any polished finishes but its not impossible if I get enough folks asking for it. Regardless I am looking for input on finishes because I have not placed the order yet. I am going to SOON though, so speak up now.

I have decided to run these on my 94SC instead of the RUFF Racing wheels...

Brad

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm not much for 20's on any car really. However, i appreciate the fact that you continue to give us guys new wheel options and are always trying to improve on your product line.

Is there any possibility that you will make a deep dish in a smaller size like an 18? Or is that not possible with these cars?

I also PM'd you a while back because i was having some quality problems with the graphics on the saleen center caps. You stated that you were going to get updated versions and possibly a NEW design. Just wondering if you got to that or not. Thank you!

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
If you were to go with a polished finish, I'd possibly be interested in a pair for the rear of my car. Though I don't know that a 20" wheel is going to look quite right on the rear (it's a little big). If it was a 18x10 deep dish polished Bullitt, you could bet on having a buyer for a pair right here.

-Rod

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am looking at doing an 18X10 but have not been given the OK on the offset I need yet. The manufacturer is looking into my requested offset. So IF they can produce what we need then it will also be coming.

Would like more input on Finishes.

Brad

·
Registered
956 Posts
Personally I'm not a fan of charcoal. I'd like a bright silver painted or chrome. I would go with black before charcoal. I'm never going to decide what wheels to go with! Tax time is fast approaching though, so I better make up my mind soon.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
I think the charcoal looks nice. In my opinion the deep dish wheels need some kind of contrast between the center sections and the hoops. Thus why i like dark colored centers with the polished hoops.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts