TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Nice find, if it wasnt on the other side of the state I would have to go check it out.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I wish that was here at my house! $8,000 buy it now.. Eh

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Three owners with only 24,500 miles? Sounds awful fishy...

Who would buy a brand new car and hardly drive it. Then someone buy it and also NEVER drive it.

Ok, the third guy said he just doesn't want to drive it a few times in the summer - we'll give him that!

I hate to be the cynic, but..... Also, when a car sits that long, everything dries up. Heck, my 95 only sat three years and after I bought and started driving it, things started failing almost immediately (but all worked when I bought it). Both window motors, suspension parts, etc.

·
Super Moderator
16,820 Posts
Well when's the last time you've seen an laser red Tbird with more than 24k miles that hasn't faded to laser pink? :tongue:

I generally care more about body/chassis/paint condition over wear items when perusing classifieds. Nearly all that stuff I'd almost immediately be replacing one way or another anyway.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it had a sunroof, I'd probably bid on it. Odd combination: Velour interior, non-ATC, no auto dim headlights, yet has the premium sound disc player and the sport package - at least the wheels and spoiler. I believe the mileage is true. This car is clean.

Mitch

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Why does it have red lenses in the door panels? Was that some bizarre '97 thing because they were running out of parts?

To agree with Mitch, that car has some very strange options (and lack thereof).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Three owners with only 24,500 miles? Sounds awful fishy...
The first owner had it for 12 years and never drove it, the other two only had it for a combined 3 years.

Also my 97 has the same red reflectors (not lights) in the doors.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Why does it have red lenses in the door panels? Was that some bizarre '97 thing because they were running out of parts?

To agree with Mitch, that car has some very strange options (and lack thereof).
ALL 97 Thunderbirds I've seen have no lights and just red reflectors in the doors - I've read it's because Ford was indeed cutting costs by the end of the MN-12 line. Also eliminated the rear opera lights, retracting antenna, etc. It has SATC, I don't understand that comment, and I've seen several cars without the auto-headlight option.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Man that thing is clean. It's like a blast from the past. If I had the money, I'd buy it and make it my DD, sell my Mustang, and put my '96 in the garage. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts