TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This last Spring one of the customers of the company I work for requested we build something to haul his race car around.

Once I found out what kind of car he had, what type of racing he was doing, etc. I got all excited about it and stepped in it both feet. Ever since it was finished in the Spring, I kept pestering the guy to send some pics and info about his car and I finally got it today.

Here's one pic of the car on the flatbed. Can't remember what year ('67?) but it's a Ford Falcon. Sorry the pic is so small, but that's what size he sent.

The guy normally runs a garbage disposal business with rolloff-type dumpsters, so it wasn't a stretch at all to design and build his flatbed to operate and be transported around like a large dumpster he'd normally haul around with his truck. You've probably seen these kind of dumpsters sitting next to houses in the process of getting roofing jobs or at construction sites....probably don't see too many tow rigs like this at the track. There's a storage space and winch mounted (which can't be seen in this small pic) in the front of the flatbed, and plenty of D rings to strap the car down.

Oh yeah, the car. I guess I really wouldn't mind having a licensed and street-legal, tubbed, Vortech'd, EFI'd, 408ci old-school Falcon that hits 142 in the quarter "on a lazy roll" that I could haul around on my company truck.
:diablo:
I mean I suppose I wouldn't mind. ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Idk it just looks hottt

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
F'n sick. My buddies father is in a falcon club and they just had their annual meet. They ended up driving on the dover racetrack and parking at an airport under some military planes. I think there were over 200 falcons there. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My dad was a die hard bow tie man... My mom, a frustrated hot rodder. When they got married, she had a brand new 65 Falcon, 260 hardtop, in Red.

He made her get rid of it... About six months before I came along... Oh the Humanity! Up until her dieing day, she wished she could have given me that Falcon for my 16th birthday.

My dad also bulldozed a 47 Chevy panel van into the back yard as landfill along with a 57 Bel Air four door....

When he told me about this when I was 15, I wanted to beat the C**P! out of him! And he was a mechanic by trade... owned his own service station for crying out loud!

Oh well.... different times.

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts