TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check it out, yea I know the price is steep. To bad it doesn't have the moonroof too. Overall it's a nice car with alot of potential. To bad their asking so much for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/X-R7-COUGAR-TIME-WARP-1OWNER-4-6LV8-SENIOR-DRIVEN-FL_W0QQitemZ270094040258QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6339QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And a bunch more pictures here...
http://ebay.carad.com/viewItem/viewAllPhotos.cfm?listing=8944614&template=48

Some things I noticed.

Just 58,517 miles on it.
The rear seat looks kinda dirty.
The front bumper chrome is spotted.
A few of the usually little flaws around the interior.
The leather wrap wheel is beginning to flake in spots.
The door panel inserts are recovered a dark charcoal/blk.

What's up with those visors? Do the non-moonroof visors, or the unlighted ones, have that bead around the edge? I've never noticed that detail before.

Check it out it still has the Lorain Assembly sticker on the rear window, that's too cool! Kind of makes me want to drive over to Miami and snag it while their not looking. (just the sticker) lol

X-R7 30TH ANNIVERSARY 1OWNER 4.6LV8 SENIOR DRIVEN FL

XR-7 30TH ANNIVERASARY COLLECTORS EDITION COUPE THE LAST OF THE GREAT MERCURY'S
Sigh, yet another used car dealer that tries to pass off all '97s with the "30th Anniversary" moniker... which is fine until he claims that "collectors edition" crap. What a load of BS.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea for that kind of money they could at least track down some NOS OEM floor mats for it. lol

Looking at his certification label and comparing it to mine I see approx 7,300 Cougars were produced from Jan. to mid April 97.

I tried to make out the day of manufacture on the core support tag/buck tag/whatever that plate thats held on by one hex head screw is called, but I couldn't make out the date.

I also checked out the District code on the certification label. 25 = "Orlando Region" as the original destination. It's amazing how little rust FL cars collect. My '89 was 15 years old when I let it go and it was only beginning to show rust in a few spots.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
That is similar (in condition anyway) to the one here in Parsons for sale. Other than this one is black and the one in Parsons is White. Very nice cars, both of them, high prices, both of them.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i love my lorain decal, its a sign of pride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts