TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if Nick browses the forums these days or not. I know that he does not accept PMs. I have dealt with Nick in the past. I am trying to get a cam sprocket pre-degreed from him, but his new partner told me my cams were ground wrong and won't put me in contact with Nick. I don't wish to go buy several sprockets and sit around for days degreeing them till I find one I can use. Anyone offering a tip to contact Nick....it would be greatly appreciated. I have a set of his 2.5 nitrous cams but cannot advance them because I have one sprocket that is 8* out and that is the limit of my crank sprocket. I do not desire to use a cam sprocket per Nicks recommendations and common sense. Thanks anyone for your help.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
yea his new partner is something alright, isn't he? he won't answer your emails if you have any "concerns" about product already purchased.

why not file the key on the cam sprocket to get it back to zero in order to restore full adjustability to the adjustable crank gears?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Just got through finally after having a nagging question on my mind. He finally forwarded the email to Nick, who then promptly responded. Just keep forwarding your own "sent" email over and over and address it to Nick specifically, once a day, every day, and hopefully he (Jordan Martin) will see the trend that he sucks at customer service.

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
What? Does Nick not take or return phone calls? Are he and his company that unreachable?

To me, that's the real problem with his customer service. Not that he can't be reached by email.

What's the deal with that?

·
Registered
742 Posts
....and hopefully he (Jordan Martin) will see the trend that he sucks at customer service.
Yeah, I've been wondering about that.

After seeing several meltdowns of a few 'engine guys' over the years on the internetz, I'm thinking that one eventually reaches a saturation point where you can't build these things fast enough, and everything begins to suffer.

Given that that engine shops are something of a tech advice-heavy industry, in that you often have to nursemaid some of your customers with advice (and occasional browbeating, apparently), one simply can't stretch themselves that thin, and customer service is the first thing to go into the tank.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
What? Does Nick not take or return phone calls?
Exactly. No he does not take phone calls. No he does not open/read emails unless directed to by the new owner. The only thing he does, practically, is port all day long now a days.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Exactly. No he does not take phone calls. No he does not open/read emails unless directed to by the new owner. The only thing he does, practically, is port all day long now a days.
So is the business still called, "Nick McKinney motorsports"?

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,246 Posts
When he sent me invoices for Paypal his company name was listed as "NMI Inc. dba Modular Head Shop" which I assumed meant Nick McKinney Industries (or Inc.). Of course this was before the company changed hands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts