TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After install the LED strips in the rear lights, I would like to show them off a bit more. To do this, I want to remove the Night Shades that I put on the rear lights. There is nothing stated on the can as to how to remove it. Anyone know how to remove it without damaging the lights? Thanks.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The acetone did not affect the plastic at all? Heres some information I found, maybe off their website?

How do I remove VHT Nite Shades SP-999 Lens Tint?

Usually a little lacquer thinner on a clean lint free cloth will take it off. If the tint is more than 3 months old, it may be baked into the surface and normally will not come off.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess if nothing works, I can just turn to sanding. Start with 400 and work my way to about 1500, then start wet sanding. Once its all removed, just buff it real nice with some type of compound. Then clear coat it or something along those lines.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I personally would avoid laquer on plastic. Try mineral spirits or acetone. That is what I would try. Like you said, worst comes to worst you get to spend the better part of an afternoon sanding and polishing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts