TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to Nite Shade my headlights and taillights here soon, and I was wondering how many cans I would need? I plan to do 1 coat to the headlights and taillights, then 2 coats to the middle portion on the taillights. Heres some pictures from this site I found.

1 Coat

2 Coats

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
I would go with two coats total for the taillights and middle panel.
Keep in mind that it will slowly be removed each time you wax/polish the surface. Mine are almost back to normal!

Two coats:

I would not spray Niteshades on your headlights. You will be able to see every little flaw and "fish-eye." I've tried it before...
You should tint your headlights using the inside paint method. That's what I did and I love them.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
:zwthstpd:

I've still gotta do my corners, but I love the way that my headlights turned out. I'm thinking about putting another coat of niteshades on my taillights too, because they look a lot light than they did when I first did them 2 years ago (I'm holding out for a set of 91-93 XR7 tails before I try anything else). And the article on how to do your headlights:
http://members.tccoa.com/thndrn1/

Only thing I changed was that I didn't paint over any of the pieces that covered the lamps.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy who had the car before me painted over the front headlights and corner lights the first time, now resulting in a hazing effect.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Wet sand and polish 'em!
I've done it several times and made headlights look brand new.
I also have those crystal clear lights if you want them.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theres a thunderbird that runs around here that has both of them pitch black, thanks to niteshades. cougarcragar might know of the guy im talking about. The car is black, the emblems on it are gold, and it has a "24v or 32v DOHC" emblem where the v-8 logo should be (taurus style emblem) And I think they work at applebees.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Nope, just make them look like poo. Like cougarcragar said, you'll see every little flaw and fish eye on the light, not to mention your light output would probably be affected adversely.

Best thing to keep headlights from fogging is to keep them polished and waxed.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Gcline said:
theres a thunderbird that runs around here that has both of them pitch black, thanks to niteshades. cougarcragar might know of the guy im talking about. The car is black, the emblems on it are gold, and it has a "24v or 32v DOHC" emblem where the v-8 logo should be (taurus style emblem) And I think they work at applebees.
Does it have ground effects?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe so. Theres a black cougar that runs around here (i think the guy works a cool custom trucks) that has a body kit and looks pretty decent. But yeah, this ones a thunderbird, 94/95 style.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Ya, for NiteShades, you can see the speckles. If you want, try it on some on plexiglass or glass, something clear. I tried it on a model car trying to cover up some overspray on the window, and it looked even worse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts