TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been meaning to ask this for a while now...keeps slipping my mind.

Im getting tuned in a little over a month. I have a forged block with an AED. I also have a NOSsle setup in my closet that I plan on putting on.

If I run out of time and cant get the nitrous set up on before the tune can I install it later and be OK without tuning the car for it? It is a wet system...or does the SC and nitrous throw together to many factors to be safe without a tune?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Well it is your car so do what you want. I wouldn't risk it on my car. Especially since you have what seems to be lots into it. I would put it on and then wait until I can get it in for a dyno tune. There are just to many factors that I would worry about myself. What are your boost numbers, compression numbers, etc. Biggest question is are you absolutely sure that the block can hold the compression with nitrous?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As sure as I can be. :) It was built for a nitrous / blower combo and was discussed at great length before I gave the OK for the build.

9:1 CR
Manley Rods
Diamond Pistons
ARP hardware
Cobra Crank Ect.

Nothing was overlooked and it was built by the best. I dont plan on running more than a 75 shot. Just something to cool the intake temps.

You're right though. Too many variables. I just better get my *** in gear and do this right the first time. :)

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
AEDM8 said:
As sure as I can be. :) It was built for a nitrous / blower combo and was discussed at great length before I gave the OK for the build.

9:1 CR
Manley Rods
Diamond Pistons
ARP hardware
Cobra Crank Ect.

Nothing was overlooked and it was built by the best. I dont plan on running more than a 75 shot. Just something to cool the intake temps.

You're right though. Too many variables. I just better get my *** in gear and do this right the first time. :)

yea, you got a month, plenty of time to install the noszel kit. just get it on there before the tune that way you are 100% sure its safe everytime you use it. you'll be happier know that your motor isnt at risk everytime you flip the switch.

Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts