TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it illegal (at the track) to have a mechanical nitrous preasure gauge inside the car? does it have to be outside like fuel presure?

Frank

·
Registered
29 Posts
This brings up two questions:

1) When is Nos Legal and Illegal?
2) These forums are slow. -_-

1*
I may want to get Nos on my car, but I'm thinking perhaps just a s.charger or a Turbo t3/t4 kit.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TravisW said:
This brings up two questions:

1) When is Nos Legal and Illegal?
2) These forums are slow. -_-

1*
I may want to get Nos on my car, but I'm thinking perhaps just a s.charger or a Turbo t3/t4 kit.
if you have the money go with the sc or turbo. nitrous is just a cheaper way to get the same results for people like me who cant afford a sc or turbo.

Frank

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
TravisW said:
What gives the most power? I'd figure turbo and I want to go w/ turbo.
Turbo ... hands down.

This is not the "end all" article on power adders, but it is a nice read:
Hot Rod Boost Article

The debate will never end. Turbo vs. Supercharger vs. Nitrous. It is all personal preference. :cool:

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone know the answer to my question?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Put the guage on the bottle. Its easier too. Just look in the trunk to see the pressure before the run. You have to open the bottle anyways. Or buy an electric guage if you are worried about it.

I bet most tracks wont even know. Just tell them its Electric if they make a stink about it.

Hard to see, but there is a guage on there.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea. well the kit my friend got from someone has the bottle gauge and an autometer gauge. so since he has it we figured why not hook it up. we looked at electric gauges and they are like $150-$175. i think he's gonna put it in the car anyway.

Frank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts