TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall i am about to install a 100 dry shot on my 4.6. does anybody have a write up on the installation? i had a 125 shot in my car for about a week and had a bussy put it in for mw so o do not know how it was done. PLease help
Dan

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Have you tried going to the companies website for an install guide? I know NX has them (wet kit), so I would assume others will.
You may also wanna try Corral.net if you can't find anything.

I checked your webpage out btw. Looks good, and I am sorry to hear about your loss. Very tragic.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanx for the info and thanks for checking out the website.....i made it so that other people would not make the same mistakes and have to go throught what me and my friends had to go through. but thanx it was tragic an completly unexpected.

·
Registered
404 Posts
what kind of questions do you have about the install....i put a NOS kit in 120 hp....it came with install instructions

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought this kit used so it came with no instructions.....and installing this kit seems like a foreign language to me.....i know a far amount abobut engines and can do some work to them but this is something i havent ever done before.....my previous kit was put on by a buddy. i would try to figure it out on my own but i dont want to risk messing up and having to buy a new engine because i wanted a little more fun out of my toy.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
my compucar kit came with instructions, they are the same ones listed on their website, id go print them out, go to nx's site and print thoes out, between the two sets of instructions it should get you at least started, little details will be on your own. but at least its a start.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx i said it in another thread i have going but i wasnt to say thanx to everyone in tccoa. yall have helped and put up with my **** and others **** and dont complain too much. i am an idiot when it comes to some thing but other i understand fully. i love tccoa cause of the fact that everyone is willing to help everyone else out. thanx again for everything yall

·
Registered
404 Posts
well since you are installing a dry shot you need to drill a hole into the bottome of your intake. that is where you will install the spray nozzle. then you need to connect the two solenoids together with whatever the given regulator for that kit is. Youll need a twelve volt switch for the solenoids. You can either hook up a microswitch to your throttle for WOT applications or you can hook it straight up to a momentary switch or button. then mount your bottle usually in the trunk. run your nitrous line and connect to the input side of the solenoids. You will also need to connect the nitrous regulator up to the fuel rail with a vaccum line. This is only a basic outline of most NOS installs and I am not completely familiar with your particular companys install. If you have any other ?s just let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts