TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started getting the install of my Nitrous and I didn't want to run the line under the car. It just seemed like to much of a hastle. So I ran it with all the wires under the carpet and came up in a grommet under the hood just under the huge wiring harness on the passenger side. I couldn't find the NHRA rule book about it but do they say that it has to be ran outside the car? I am going to mount my Zex box in the corner next to my air intake. Hopefully I will have enough line to send it to the intake tube.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I believe that it is ok...but I am not 100% sure on this, and I have mine run under the car.

Joe

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
MadeInDade said:
My line wont reach from the bottle in the trunk to the nitrous management unit in the hood. I'm going to have to find some kind of extension.
You can get short nitrous lines from summit. This is what I had to do. Most people can get by with the 15 ft of line, but I was about 2 ft short.

Joe

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine isn't done just yet but I did a quick view to see if I had enough and I just barely had enough.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i had like 2 extra feet when i ddi mine. how are you guys routing yours?

mine went from the bottle, which was mounted as far back on the passeger side of the trunk as possible, through the rubber plug up by the front of the trunk right near the rear seats. then along the fuel lines intot he engine compartment then under the black plastic peice where the maf wires are and to the nmu which was located right next to where the stock air box is.

Frank

·
Registered
521 Posts
i went right under the bottle into a boxed frame rail and then routed it up the the front with the fuel lines and was exactly 2 feet short. i just bought another 2 foot 4an line from my local speedsop along with the connector and was good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts