TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally hit my goal today. I have been striving for a 12.xx for around a year now and it was the one thing I wanted to do before installing my teksid build. The motor will be getting dropped in the beginning of april now.

Here is the 1st run.

60 1.75
1/8 8.16
1/8 MPH 83.11
1/4 12.89
1/4 MPH 104.4

Last run of the day. I took the serpentine belt off completly and it was worth it.

60 1.73
1/8 8.10
1/8 MPH 83.60
1/4 12.78
1/4 MPH 105.6

Mods are in sig. Race weight was 3380 with me in it. DA was 1800-2000 for all my runs. I ran 12.90 pretty much every single pass. I attribute the consistency to brand new slicks. They certainly helped.

·
Super Moderator
12,536 Posts
Congrats.

Video and timeslips or it didn't happen. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Nice run! Not bad at all :)

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Nice man! I hit 12's last year on a stock PI shortblock. Really looking to drop the time this year with the bottle.

What have you removed to drop off that much weight?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
"What have you removed to drop off that much weight?"

That's what I want to know too! My '97 weighed about 3780 lbs stock, and it now weighs 3670 lbs with aluminum block, glass hood, and SVO blower.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
For the weight loss, here is the major stuff:

Glass hood
Skinny aluminum rims
aluminum block
aluminum driveshaft
aluminum rear end
no front swaybar
race seat (drivers only one in).
only one speaker for radio
No ac or PS or ABS.
Airbag deletes.
spoiler delete.

Those are the big ones. I have done a little more but that is the major stuff. The little stuff is more on the crazyness of badbird. I took out some brackets and eliminated some wiring but that wasn't worth a whole lot. Oh and I weigh 160.

Believe it or not, I actually daily drive this thing. I kept the heat since I'm a wuss with the cold.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nice man! I hit 12's last year on a stock PI shortblock.
Yeah my goal was to do it with a stock Longblock. I don't think anyone else has ran a 12 without cams or diving into the motor. Much less with 3.73's for that matter.

I can't wait to see what this thing does with cams and more compression.

Guitar Maestro,

More stall most likely won't happen but I do have a spare differential case and 4.30's sitting here. The motor is taking my priority at the moment and I have to figure out some ways to solidify the rear end before I try hitting 1.6x sixty foots.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Nice job man! I like those 60 ft' times. I will be running the same converter once I get off my butt and get it put in.

My last run trapped about the same as you but I only ran a 13.6 due to my 2.3 60's from a stock converter.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Congrats but I could see this easy with that kinda weight out, and I must say u really did good shedding the weight

Congrats

Robert

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
now imagine the weight of my car with his combo......11's maybe?
I think at that weight I could get close. I remember mine was 3810 stock, and the only weight saving I've done is the hood and no a/c...if anything I've added weight. There's a lot of that though that I wouldn't remove, just because I want the car to run the time in street form, with the exception of the rear tires.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I think at that weight I could get close. I remember mine was 3810 stock, and the only weight saving I've done is the hood and no a/c...if anything I've added weight. There's a lot of that though that I wouldn't remove, just because I want the car to run the time in street form, with the exception of the rear tires.
gotcha.....

mine started at 3940.
before my weight removal thread, I was down to 2960(with me out of it).
I'm estimating to be around 2800 race weight with me in the car.(i hope!)

but, mine is not a street car anymore....:D

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
now imagine the weight of my car with his combo......11's maybe?
You would be close. It would require a DA closer to 0 though. I really wish I could see how this car would do with better environmental factors.

Trunk Monkey,

Sorry but no videos this time. I will scan the slip here shortly.

For those wondering, my personal opinion is that you can achieve 12's in a street car if you are smart about it. Eliminating serpentine belt accessories was worth .35 alone on my car. Thats quite a bit considering it cost me less than 400 bucks. It doesn't bother me at all not having power steering but I could see how some would hate it.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
You would be close. It would require a DA closer to 0 though. I really wish I could see how this car would do with better environmental factors.

why i love going to the fastest track in the world! :tongue:

my track is 10 feet above sea level, and with the right conditions, we have had -1500 DA at times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts