TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got my dash all finished up. I'm still using stock cluster and stock headlight switch, just so I can use the gauge lights when on the track at night. I went to flip them on today, and nothing. The chime sounds, to let me know that my "Lights" are on w/ the key off, but I also noticed my battery light lights up very dimly. I though maybe the battery is weak, but it had enough juice to then start the car (w/o the alternator being hooked up). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I go back down to work on the car on Tuesday, I'll check 'er out and let you guys know.

Thanks!

Brandon

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Other than what's already mentioned, the only thing I can think of is, do you have an aftermarket HU that's too deep? I had an AIWA deck in for about a month and it was pinching some wires in the back causing all my cluster lights to go off intermittently.

Highly inprobable, but possible.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, no head unit in my car. I think this is where some of my problem may be, this is the "Guard Rail Car". The interior is stripped, completely. And I just realized something, I have a couple grounds unhooked that were on the right side of the dash, I bet that could be enough to throw the circuit off. What do you guys think?

Let me know, I'm going down tomarrow to hopefully get my interior done.

Thanks again,

Brandon

·
Beer and Cheese
1996 Thunderbird Sport Coyote Swap
7,399 Posts
Do they make lights for our cluster to make it brighter? Maybe LEDs?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys, got it solved. There was a "ground block" w/ about 5 wires going into it, once I grounded that out, it worked great. I got the rest of my grounds hooked up too, just to be safe.

Thanks again,

Brandon

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If our cluster lights are 194's, I'm not sure what they are, I have seen direct 194 LED replacements. But like I said, I'm not sure what bulbs they are to begin with.

Brandon

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool, I know my buddy is realy into his dually and he has alot of "Big Truck" lights on his truck and has the 194 LED replacements, I'll find out where he got them from.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.