TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys and gals i havent been on in a while but my car is finally back together but i got one small hoefully prob #1 and #6 cylander have no compression so if someone could give me some tips as what it could be lol thanks much

justin

·
Registered
64 Posts
thats not good... absolutely no compression could be caused by a valve stuck open, a broken connecting rod, or a broken piston.

First question: Have you done any major engine work lately?

Second question: Have you beat the living crap out of your engine lately?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
yea you gotta tell us everything that you have done to it/has been done to it in the past, so we can have a better clue.....when you say your car is "finally back together", what exactly does that mean? you been tinkering with it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have totally rebuilt the motor bare block up

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Off the top of my head, no compression could be:

Ring gaps improperly aligned. (I've known people to install the rings with the gaps lined up (or not even worry about where the gaps were)

Improperly torqued down head or warped heads

As mentioned a valvetrain or valve sealing issue.

Please understand that I don't know your level of expertise, nor what “I have totally rebuilt the motor bare block up” actually encompasses, so please don't be offended if some of these sound simple. :thumbsup:

I would do a leak down test and see exactly where you’re losing the pressure. If the air comes out the crankcase, you have a ring/piston/bore problem; if it comes out the exhaust, you have an exhaust valve/seat/head problem; if it comes out the intake, you have an intake valve/seat/head problem.

Just my .02 and good luck!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would also make sure that the cam timing is set correctly. If the timing was off the valves would open and close at the wrong time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts