TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so here is the problem:

Dirivng home one day, I noticed (at night) my headlights are out. So I pull over, fiddle with my switch and flash the brights, viola they're on again. Drive home and no problems with it for like a week. Then I am driving home a week later (at night again). No headlights...tried flashing the brightsm didn't work. But I can hold the brights on, and I have BRIGHTS but no normal headlights. So i was checking my carfax, and noticed that there was a recall on the headlights switch. Went in, got the recall work done, still no headlights. The dealer that did the recall seems to think that it's the multifunction switch that is screwing it up, but I don't see how and besides, those things are EXPENSIVE to replace. I checked all the fuses, relays, and everything else. Everything is in order but the lights still don't work. What the heck is going on? Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so...how did you fix it?

Cliff Notes:
Headlights don't work, unless brights are HELD on
Recall was done on headlights switch, still no lights
All fuses "OK"
Multifuction Switch (blinker, wiper, etc.) might be problem
HELP! I work and night and I need my car (driving parent's car right now)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I checked the bulbs...they're fine

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm inclined to agree that it's either something in the MFS or elsewhere in the headlight switch. I'm not sure if there is a relay that the switch activates. If there is, then that relay could be bad I think.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I would just go to a junkyard or get a MFS from someone here. They are expensive and when they go out, they can cause your lights not to work. Look for RaceCougar or someone on here that parts them out. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts