TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright,I was just driving somewhere today,when all of the sudden,my blower for the heater quit.The heat has been working great,no bad heater core,no other problems whatsoever.All of the fuses look fine,in both of the boxes,(in car fuse box,under hood fuse box).I ran the HVAC self test,,and it came back with no codes.There is still vacuum to the switches,because I can hear the blend doors open and close when I turn the selector knob,the blower just won't work now! Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?I'm going to see if I can find the electrical connection to the blower motor,but if that's all good,I don't have a clue! Sorry for the long post,but it's been 15 degrees F for a few days now,so i can't drive the car without a way to defrost the windows.TIA

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
heh... reach behind your glovebox with teh blower on, and wiggle some wires around. most likely its just the harness. look specifically for a pair of orange and purple wires. you can choose to put some spade connectors on there to replace the plug, or solder them on.. but i could bet money it is teh harness.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup,you were right!As you were writing your reply I went out to find the blower motor, and I just wiggled the wires and the motor started right up!Thanks for the help! Stupid wiring harness.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yeah. i made the mistake of bending the prongs in on the plug and shoving it on there... well, it pushed one of the contacts in on the motor... so i havent had any heat since last week... it really sucks.. i'm going to go get a blower motor tonight. its in the 50's today, be a more pleasant install. what you can do is just bend teh prongs inside teh plug in a little bit with a flathead screwdriver, and that should do it. then epoxy it into place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts