TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after being on the site for 10 years and a T-Bird owner for about 5 years, I unfortunately sold my Bird. The only good thing is that the new owner absolutely loved it. Really appreciated the condition, wheels, paint, etc. Really I think they like it as much as me, so it's good to know that they will take care of it. They live 3.5 hours from here so I probably won't see the car again though.

I'll still stick around and I even have some goodies to sell, but for now I'll just enjoy my new Tesla. Who knows I may get another Bird/Cougar if a deal comes up.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Lol, very very similar boat. I gifted (yes gifted away) my '97 LE Sport to a needy family. Long story, just answering a call of obedience to our Lord.

But, also a long time member, no longer an MN12 owner. Will be posting up parts for sale soon after I gather up all the pictures and pricing.

And yes, before the sun sets, I will own my 4th MN12!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Aaaaand two more nails in the coffin. lol. There are what 8 of us left now? :tongue:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have often thought about selling my 1995 T-Bird but learned my lesson years ago when I owned a 1968 mustang, a 69 Mustang Grande, and 1970 Cougar, and all would sell today for big money today as I see these cars go off on at car auctions on TV. I got rid of those cars for 500 bucks which was common place back than for newer and better---what a mistake.

Back then they said that they would never really be worth much and many same the same think about these T-birds. I think they are dead wrong and the value will start to skyrocket as the years go by. People already love looking at my T-bird as I think it is the only one left in my Town. You very rarely see them driving around and people love the two door long body style and the lines of the car.

My advise is to hang on.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
At least it wasn't due to a wreck or theft.

I have had my 89 Cougar for 21 years, and I think I am done with it. I have had my 97 Cougar and it is wrecked beyond my abilities to fix, had it for 9 years. Still in the game with a 97 Mark VIII but everything I deal with on it is better served on a dedicated FN10 site.

A Tesla huh, cool. I saw a bunch of them in San Diego, starting to see more of them in Phoenix. An ex-coworker sold off his Nissan Leaf as he didn't have the range to drive to work AND back without sitting at the library for a few hours to charge it up. an 80,000 (I am sure well over 100k) car that can go further than 50 miles? Woot!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts