TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all have to go sometime , Just wondering what peps plans are for there T-Bird .

·
Super Moderator
9,179 Posts
Me, well... at the moment I'm slowly tackling/eliminating as much rust as I possibly can. The ultimate goal is to keep this car for as many years as is possible/feasible. Sort of as the 'nice day' car. Time will ultimately tell what happens, but from my position now, I don't see myself not owning this car 10-20+ years from now.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
We all have to go sometime , Just wondering what peps plans are for there T-Bird .
Shoot, I'll just keep fixing it until the old lady leaves me and takes it with her! :D

Oh, and if gas hits almost $10 per hour, I'm converting it to electric (wonder what a Bird covered with solar cells looks like)!

·
Administrator
8,008 Posts
Unless disaster strikes, mine isn't going anywhere! :thumbsup:

Joe

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Shoot, I'll just keep fixing it until the old lady leaves me and takes it with her! :D

Oh, and if gas hits almost $10 per hour, I'm converting it to electric (wonder what a Bird covered with solar cells looks like)!
I've thought about that too. I can't imagine someone doing an electric motor swap in a MN12. But to be honest, with the gas prices the way they are, we might see an electric motor swap before a Coyote! lol. :eek:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unless disaster strikes, mine isn't going anywhere! :thumbsup:

Joe
Joe my question is after the disaster, I have been diagnosed with health issues, Not going into the story to many details .

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Mine is turning into more of a basket case with each passing day, gas is expensive, and i am less interested in messing with it or dumping money into it...gonna save up for the rest of the year, get something newer, with better fuel economy and then sell it, after three birds and 12 years, I'm ready to move on.

·
Super Moderator
9,179 Posts
Joe my question is after the disaster, I have been diagnosed with health issues, Not going into the story to many details .
Take care of yourself Darren, the world is already running short of guys like you.

Mine is turning into more of a basket case with each passing day, gas is expensive, and i am less interested in messing with it or dumping money into it...gonna save up for the rest of the year, get something newer, with better fuel economy and then sell it, after three birds and 12 years, I'm ready to move on.
Yeah, we've all heard that before! :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You better get better Darren, You are too good of a friend and person in general to be seriously ill. Kris and I will have you in our thoughts and best wishes, if you need anything please do not hesitate to call sir.

Feel better!

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Sorry to hear about the health issues, hope you get better. As far as the original question, it depends on the situation, and whether or not there is someone around who would appreciate it, but if not, I'll take myself out in it.

·
Super Moderator
16,821 Posts
I'd like a Fox Cougar/Tbird/mark VII to toy with one day but you won't ever see me in anything but these "aero coupes". If anything fuel costs have moved me even more into these since economy cars now a days with their 27 airbags weigh over 3,000+ lbs these days, let alone the midsize catagory up in the 3500ish lb range. Throw a modern drivetrain into these Fox/MN12s and they can be just as efficient. A car is a car.

Darren I hope whatever the health issues are that you pull through them. I hate when bad things happen to good people:(

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
stay in there brother!
I have been battling health issues for a couple years now myself....I now look at life differently from almosst passing a couple years ago.........keep your head up!!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I had recently faced IMO more then my fair share of health issues that I recently overcame. I hope it's not that serious, and if it is I hope you kick it's *** and make it your *****. To the original question my plans for my birds when it happens is to leave them to Mrs. Murder, assuming they are both in good running condition, under the conditions that they are the be respected, enjoyed, and properly maintained. If however the 97 is what I go out in, fix it if it's fixable, if not I want the keys and vin plate buried with my ashes. The go fast parts are to then be swapped to the remaining bird.

My only other stipulations are that I have an open casket viewing (if possible, depending on circumstances) and that afterwords I am cremated and buried. I want my ashes buried, however, if the Mrs. decides that she would rather have my ashes on a mantle or whatever that is fine also, under the conditions that when she goes the keeper of her estate buries my ashes next to hers.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
We all have health issues .. its the human condition knowing that we will all die, just a matter of when.

Tell my wife to sell everything, sell all of these junk parts, sell all 10 of my cars, just get rid of them all and be done with it.

Check my signature .. we just lost a great guy recently I never saw that one coming.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I want to fix the issues and throw a Coyote and 6MT in it and drive it until I die. I'm a fan of road courses and if I was terminal I'd drive it across country and drive as many of them as possible in the 'bird. Ultimate dream would be to lap the Nurburgring, just one lap and I would be happy.

If I was to die, my parents would get my car and I would want my dad to sell it and put the money from my 1989 Thunderbird into his 1963 Thunderbird project, a project thats been on hold since before I was born, a project that's been on hold since before my '89 bird rolled out of the Lorain factory.

I'd want my dad to take the Thunderbird that made me happy and use it to build the Thunderbird that makes him happy, he's worked hard enough to earn it.

Damn this thread is morbid, I hope everything gets better ThunderChecken, best of luck to you and your family.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys I did not mean for this tread to get this way. Its no big deal to me , Time catches up with us . I have lived a full life and the Docs say that I have more in me. Just making some plans , I was Just wondering what others peoples plans would be , I have 2 kids but they would not appreciate what that car is. To them just a old Tbird :rolleyes:, I guess the wife will get it and make sure it goes to a good home :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts