TCCoA Forums banner
481 - 500 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,765 Posts
Nearly impossible these days. A car trailer around here in decent shape is $2500.

On a lighter note I saw a gold 96-97 LX with SC wheels on it this afternoon. It was fairly rough, tho. I first saw the taillights and they looked nice so I looked as I drove around to see the color and wheels. Was hoping to see a nice clone of yours. Then 20 minutes later a purple 94-95 Cougar that was fully clapped out. Iowa was rougher on both of them than mine even.

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,765 Posts
You're going to have to weigh all of that gunk!

How similar are the upper engine mount brackets to MN12? They look similar but flatter, which would raise the engine, which is what I need with lowering the K.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·
You're going to have to weigh all of that gunk!

How similar are the upper engine mount brackets to MN12? They look similar but flatter, which would raise the engine, which is what I need with lowering the K.
Its one of the reasons my engine stuck so far out the hood when I first built the car. I made my own motor mounts to lower it.

Ive never seen MN12 5.0 mounts in person. I kept the expo ones.

Cylinders in this engine are scored. Thankfully it rotates smoothly. Im hoping I can hone them out but if not itll probably get scrapped.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 ·
Ok, so for my 96:

I saved the front and rear sway bars from my 89 SC and plan to install them.

Obviously since my engine isnt coming out yet. Ill only be installing the rear bar.

Is that going to throw off the handling a bunch? This car isnt a track car or daily, so I think it should be ok for the mean time.

481 - 500 of 562 Posts