TCCoA Forums banner
501 - 520 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Really excited to see this come together. I didn't realize it's been a year since you got it. For those that don't know, this is the blower off of Jamie's (cobra R Thunderbird) old bird that met a deer. I labeled the harness for ease of installation. Hope to see this running soon.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·

@Trunk Monkey @Paulyrats and anyone else with an SVO.

Was working on finishing up my vacuum tree and noticed part of the intake gasket on the passenger side rear is exposed. I dont remember noticing it on my PI intake. Can one of yall look at your cars and see if its exposed for you too? If not I think I need to pull the blower off.

Its lined up everywhere else, all bolts threaded in and the snout pulley is in line with every other pulley on the engine.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
23,731 Posts
View attachment 49180
@Trunk Monkey @Paulyrats and anyone else with an SVO.

Was working on finishing up my vacuum tree and noticed part of the intake gasket on the passenger side rear is exposed. I dont remember noticing it on my PI intake. Can one of yall look at your cars and see if its exposed for you too? If not I think I need to pull the blower off.

Its lined up everywhere else, all bolts threaded in and the snout pulley is in line with every other pulley on the engine.
Its like that with the NA intakes too, it’s a dry hole. The head castings and intake gaskets are left/right interchangable, remember, that hole is the thermostat bypass on the left head, while on the right head it simply goes unused to nowhere

·
Administrator
16,667 Posts
Its like that with the NA intakes too, it’s a dry hole. The head castings and intake gaskets are left/right interchangable, remember, that hole is the thermostat bypass on the left head, while on the right head it simply goes unused to nowhere
Thanks Matt.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
23,731 Posts
View attachment 49303
Switched out the trans pan gasket, filter, and dip stick O ring. Hoping that solves my transmission leak.
Hopefully. My 4R70w leaked like a sieve(part of the motivating factor with the manual swap) which turned out to be the pump seal, it trailed down through the TC plug and at speed soaked around the pan so it was hard to pinpoint it’s origin. I think the dipstick tube seal leaked as well even though I replaced that with that trans

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
My 4R70w leaked like a sieve(part of the motivating factor with the manual swap) which turned out to be the pump seal,
This is the #1 reason why I parked mine. #2 was obviously suspension. I have the parts to do everything already, but yeah....

·
Super Moderator
9,272 Posts
Would it be possible to mount all that stuff under the console in where the storage cubby is, and just have the handle coming out where the original e-brake came out?

501 - 520 of 570 Posts