I hate you every time I see that garage floor! :ROFLMAO:

Joe

• Haha
Reactions: XR7-4.6

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #523 ·
Would it be possible to mount all that stuff under the console in where the storage cubby is, and just have the handle coming out where the original e-brake came out?
It can, but then its too far back for me to comfortably use it. Its not pretty but I have the best range of motion I can get, its quick to reach, and the seat doesnt dig into my shoulder pulling it.

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,589 Posts
How about turning the valve 180° so the hoses are under the console? I think I'd hit them all the time

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I'd change the oil out at least once a year if it's not driven very much each year.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·
I'd change the oil out at least once a year if it's not driven very much each year.
That means I woulda changed out oil and filters a few times that even had NO miles on it.

Im very adamant about changing oil in cars Im driving. Every 3k miles.

If its sitting, literally not doing anything, and its not safe to drive, sorry. I dont see the point.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
That's the sad part!

For us here in California (or the sun belt, really), we'd call that rusted out. People would genuinely get rid of their cars because of that here in California.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #535 ·
That's the sad part!

For us here in California (or the sun belt, really), we'd call that rusted out. People would genuinely get rid of their cars because of that here in California.
I have chosen not to make a statement based on my personal opinions.

Even CA cars have surface rust on the diff and half shafts, they’re bare cast iron, unpainted from the factory.

View attachment 49416

It would take a very long time to actually truly rust out a cast iron pumpkin,
This pumpkin was actually pretty rusted, its noticably smaller than most on the top and around the ears after I hammered all the scale off. That and it being a 3.27 open is why I didnt feel bad about welding the spider gears.

521 - 538 of 538 Posts