TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh well

decided to bring it to the stealership...

my bill is already over $200 and they haven't even looked at it yet!!!

i am having them check the following:

Coolant flush $78
Full inspection/diagnostic in theory? $68
Oil change w/ my mobil 1 $10
check front end, especially upper control arms
figure out clunking noise,
figure out wobbly noise under hood
why is oil/sludge covering front of the entire engine?
why the window sticks
driver side window button needs to be pressed a few times
driver door striker plate needs to be adjusted
check brakes and fluid, and lines for air

what i want to know is how does diagnostic, flush and oil change come out over $200? maybe $170 w/ tax.. he told me $248 already

my girlfriend didn't believe me when i said expect to see a $700 bill.....

at least the service manager bought a 97 tbird for his wife, so he knows a little bit about the car.. the dealers are so backed up because of christmas comin up and everyone doing last minute service before they travel.. i need to wait at least a day or two before they even LOOK at it.. he said flush and oil change is easy, that should be done tomorrow morning.. everything else, may take until friday to look at.

unbelievable...

JD

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
jamesD said:
my bill is already over $200 and they haven't even looked at it yet!!!
OWN3D :D

i NEVER take my bird to the dealer anymore. when i had a wreck a few summers ago, they said it will be fixed in two weeks. two weeks turned into 5 weeks, and when i got it back, everything was repaired except the horn didnt work, the hood wouldnt pop up when i pulled the lever, the pass side mirror didnt work, and a few other things didnt work or were damaged :zbash:

if they havent done any work yet, i suggest you get your car back before they rape you of your life savings. do the easy things yourself (i.e. coolant flush, oil change, fix window) and take your car to an independent repair shop for the rest. just my .02.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did take it to 4 independent repair shops..

problems are still there cuz they don't have a clue..

besides, this one is at least semi-trustoworthy.. the service mgr changed part numbers on a few items for my parents to make some things qualify for warranty so their $1150 bill for front end work came out to $400

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well.. got it back today, it goes back to dealer in a week or two.

cause of o2 codes?? malfunctioning PCM, must be replaced, after arguing and talking with Ford, it will be replaced under the emissions warranty (lucky me), part special ordered with priority shipment, may be here in a week or two... time to replace service port cover and put ecu back up...

smelly exhaust? see next

poor mpg? see next

wobbly noise on pass side that sounds like loose pulley? parts loose inside passenger cat, no longer operating properly, needs to be replaced.. unable to use warranty because exhaust has been modified (3rd cat delete for duals)

flashing brake light? front brakes down to 8%, rotors are now mysteriously .003 driver and .011 below spec after dealer telling me i need front pads, wanted $140 to replace pads (didn't tell me about rotors, i cut him off).. i paid $190 for Raybestos QS installed, need rotor now.. b**ches...

oil sludge on front of engine????

i like this one....

oil sending unit leaking, needs replacement. $89.99 for part, plus labor...

can't i swap this out with an aftermarket sending unit for an electrical guage so i can view oil pressure??

let me know guys.. now i need to have downtubes fabbed up, anyone help me there? wish i still had scott's downtubes that i sold for $300... grrrrr

James

the coolant flush, oil change w/ my oil/filter (mobil 1), and 2 hours diagnostic cost me $255

1 - 4 of 4 Posts