TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys I'm a newbie to this sorry about the long post...... I have a 1995 t-bird LX 4.6 V8..... Picked it up about three years ago as a restro project.... For an unbelievable $100....... Any how long story short car had been sitting about 5 maybe 6 years.... Due to a bad module that run the fuel pump..... Got the car running.... Runs really good but has issues among others..with the air conditioner and blower motor... I can hear the AC compressor kick on when I turn on the switch on the panel and apparently it is cycling and circulating due to lines icing over... But what gets me is I cannot get the blower motor to work..... I had my stepson replace the blower motor and pigtail and bought a used blower motor controller unit out of a 97 year model car.... Due to the fact that my old unit look like it may have caught on fire or really bad short do to worn brushes in blower motor.... I'm not getting any power on the red and black wires feeding the blower motor I seem to have power coming into the blower control module but it stops there..... As far as I can tell the fuses are good ( having my step-son do the work for me due to back injury).... but I keep hearing about this elusive inline 30 amp fuse somewhere in the wiring harness does anybody know the location of it or maybe if something has been overlooked......

Super Moderator
Looking on page 13-6 of the EVTM, I see that the wire from the control is a brown/orange wire; it runs to the 30A fuse, which then is fed by a grey/yellow wire that goes to the ignition switch.

Here's another possibility ... if anything else isn't running, there may be a bad ignition switch.

But I'd chase that wire back in the wiring harness.

No, I don't know exactly where it is, my 1991 isn't wired quite the same.

RwP

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ralph....sorry it took so long to get back to ya........my stepson finally located the fuse.. it was in the the most ridiculous spot it was close to the firewall on driver side and guess what......it was blown...he replaced it...still nothing...traced the orange wire . Looked like it got hot ...he replaced the bad section of wire...still nothing馃槕.......After a lot of thinking and pondering....I had him pull the control panel out of dash and I took a look at the circuit board....and it looked like somebody had been trying to fix issue before we got the car cause the white and black wire coming from switch to circuit board had been damaged...had him replace circuit board for blower switch( if that's the correct terminology).... And wallah..... ice Cold air........鉂勷煂煉.... Thanks for the help Ralph there seem to have been a problem on the circuit somewhere else not sure he found the source of the issue but so far so good... Any advice on where he can look further to prevent any future problems would be helpful..... And again thank you

Registered
Sorry guys I'm a newbie to this sorry about the long post...... I have a 1995 t-bird LX 4.6 V8..... Picked it up about three years ago as a restro project.... For an unbelievable $100....... Any how long story short car had been sitting about 5 maybe 6 years.... Due to a bad module that run the fuel pump..... Got the car running.... Runs really good but has issues among others..with the air conditioner and blower motor... I can hear the AC compressor kick on when I turn on the switch on the panel and apparently it is cycling and circulating due to lines icing over... But what gets me is I cannot get the blower motor to work..... I had my stepson replace the blower motor and pigtail and bought a used blower motor controller unit out of a 97 year model car.... Due to the fact that my old unit look like it may have caught on fire or really bad short do to worn brushes in blower motor.... I'm not getting any power on the red and black wires feeding the blower motor I seem to have power coming into the blower control module but it stops there..... As far as I can tell the fuses are good ( having my step-son do the work for me due to back injury).... but I keep hearing about this elusive inline 30 amp fuse somewhere in the wiring harness does anybody know the location of it or maybe if something has been overlooked......
This may or may not be your problem but my 97 had an issue when I got it that there was no volume of air coming out of the vents. I could hear the motor running but even on high just a trickle of air. What we found was the FACTORY pigtail had been put together backwards causing reverse polarity. We had another Bird to look at and found my wires were backwards. My boyfriend carefully pulled the wires out of the connector and reversed them and the blower now works normally. What amazed me was this car was originally from Southern California and it gets hot in the summertime and why now one was able to figure that out during warranty was beyond me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts