TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Lol I agree with what you said. I think rather than buying a 150 grand car just go out buy a 4 grand car and mod it to have the same or greater power and you will still have money left over to buy you a few brand new cars.

·
Registered
741 Posts
what a waste of time doing up a piece of sh:t. my gf bought 1 and i hate that Japanese crap box
...umm, what?

The four cars mentioned in those two articles were a 1997 Contour, a 1998 Contour SVT, a 2008 Porsche 911 Turbo, and a 2003 Porsche Boxster. None of which are Japanese.

·
Registered
275 Posts
what was sucky about it?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
What a dumb write up and comparison..

We could just as easily do a write up comparing an 05 Ford GT to a 97 Nissan Sentra or even a 95 BMW 3 series and I assure you either of them would lose to it.

What was the point of the comparison? that (surprise surprise) a 10 year old economy car will suck compared to a new exotic? Man, I'm glad they did that comparison... I've been wondering which of those two I should buy.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
What a dumb write up and comparison..

We could just as easily do a write up comparing an 05 Ford GT to a 97 Nissan Sentra or even a 95 BMW 3 series and I assure you either of them would lose to it.

What was the point of the comparison? that (surprise surprise) a 10 year old economy car will suck compared to a new exotic? Man, I'm glad they did that comparison... I've been wondering which of those two I should buy.

agreed, i saw no point in reading any of that. just stupid

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
they feel so uncomfortable and nothing seems to be in the right place no matter how much i adjust the seat. and porche isnt much better. the fact that the porche is born with a set of nuts and can handle very well keeps her afloat.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the fact that the porche is born with a set of nuts and can handle very well keeps her afloat.
Contour SVT's will take down a good many cars and trucks in raw performance... and hang with some of the best including the Porsche as I have shown in a link provided earlier in this thread.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
porches are ugly cars imho. never cared for the body style or the engine. yeah there fast and have good handling but by the same token i rather have a corvette 09 zr1 or a dodge viper.

·
Registered
414 Posts
In the real world. Where you get paid. Try to pay bills, feed your family, send them to their activities, buy clothes, birthday presents, buy fuel to drive to work. Out to eat once in a while. Ya I do see the $2500 car as the better choice. Besides I do not support imported cars.

·
Super Moderator
10,404 Posts
Contour SVT's will take down a good many cars and trucks in raw performance... and hang with some of the best including the Porsche as I have shown in a link provided earlier in this thread.
I have a Contour, and it's got a lot more power than the 81 subaru I drove for years, with about the same displacement.

But, it's a pig! It handles like a brick with wheels! I seriously wonder at times if it has lead cast into the body panels or something... If this car lost 1000 pounds, it might drive as well as my 81 subaru.

The worst part is that I get better gas mileage in my Cougars. :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts