TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was browsing around on summit racing for some drilled and slotted rotors for my newly purchased sc, i refined mysearch to super coupe and it said it couldn't bring anything up? maybe it was because im on my ps3? any one else have this problem ?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The only place I go for SC specific parts is Advance/RockAuto... and SCP. Summit I only use for generic/universal parts.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the drilled and slotted rotors on my lx,im pretty sure for a while they had sc parts that were sc specific

·
Super Moderator
4,898 Posts
There really aren't any SC-specific in fit and function brake rotors.

The higher end rotors that fix an LX same years will fit an SC.

RwP

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
There really aren't any SC-specific in fit and function brake rotors.

The higher end rotors that fix an LX same years will fit an SC.

RwP
I'm pretty sure sport/SC rotors are larger then the LX counterpart.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Nope I don't think so Chris 94-95 SC's came with the same rotors and brakes as the LX Only Sport package cars got larger rotors and different calipers, or at least this was the case with my SC, which I don't think anyone swapped them out for LX brakes, I think even the Taurus uses the same brakes and rotors as the LX

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Yep, all Mark VIIIs and 97 sports (some, not all, 96 sports had them too) were the only ones with larger front rotors/calipers.
Good to know, thanks for the info/correction, now I know for the future.

·
Super Moderator
4,898 Posts
I'm pretty sure sport/SC rotors are larger then the LX counterpart.
Actually, no.

The Sport rotors weren't available until the SC was discontinued. Or maybe a year overlap, but the Sport brakes were available on LX's weren't they? *waves hands* Let's say Cougar then instead of LX. Besides, the rule still applies - except for motor, there's not much that IS different, aftermarket, between a bog standard LX and a hotted up SC - they can use the same brakes (as upgrades), same rims, same rubber, same seats, etc. etc.

RwP

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I've been getting my drilled and slotted rotors on eBay. Nothing fancy but they work and they are cheap, $200 for all 4 delivered usually. But then again, I'm also rockin the Stang bolt pattern, 13's in the front and the 11.5's in the back. But I would think they'd still have the Bird pattern if looked. Only issue I had so far was they came powdercoated to prevent rust in the hat to caliper space. I had to do a touch up paint job with some Duplicolor caliper paint from a rattle can, they got to lookin kinda ragged after a couple of years.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Actually, no.

The Sport rotors weren't available until the SC was discontinued. Or maybe a year overlap, but the Sport brakes were available on LX's weren't they? *waves hands* Let's say Cougar then instead of LX. Besides, the rule still applies - except for motor, there's not much that IS different, aftermarket, between a bog standard LX and a hotted up SC - they can use the same brakes (as upgrades), same rims, same rubber, same seats, etc. etc.

RwP
would a 94 sc with abs and arc change this...? thanks for all the brake info guys but i was wondering about sc specific parts on summit and if anyone had the same problem as me while searching for parts and getting "non functioning " searches

1 - 13 of 13 Posts