TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Metal Manipulator
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, just recentely tuned up the bird with AL plat. plugs, bosch wires, and napa cap and rotor, adjusted the timing to 12* btdc and cut the stock mufflers off and still can't break the tires loose (even powerbraking) now dont get me wrong the thing sh*ts and gets when your in it just wont break the tires loose and wheres the fun in that, anybody have a clue cause i sure dont, thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I've had a new motor in mine for 3 years and still can't break the tires loose unless it is wet. I can power brake mine real good, though. I would geuss that your rear brakes are holding real well.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Dont hold the brakes so hard.

Seriously though, thats strange, even my old 3.8 could do a brake stand (with an empty trunk)

·
Registered
871 Posts
A lot of it depends on the tires...

·
Registered
316 Posts
my sc has no problem with street

tires from yokohama.
but my fiero gt wont break tires loose ever. only once actually, when i was going 50 in a parking lot, and was making a sharp turn....empty parking lot, 12am.

·
Metal Manipulator
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
brakes and tires are new

the tires are brand new but there 215/70 so there pretty skinny, it just boggles me cause i had an 84 with the efi 5.0 and it was weak but would smoke the tires off the rims brakestand or not, just thought this one would light em on fire:zdunno:

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
hmm, I have no problem of makin mine go up in smoke.....even going about 20 mph or so, they'll still lite up!

·
Registered
267 Posts
mine will smoke but not for long ..as still not got the trac loc installed ...waiting for end of summer to put car up for a couple of weeks to get her done right as no hurry here as i dont drive it at all in the winter...what gear ratio you got?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hmmm . . .

_95badbird said:
hmm, I have no problem of makin mine go up in smoke.....even going about 20 mph or so, they'll still lite up!
Something tells me that your solution to blowing smoke involves butt loads of torque courtesy of a 351. :D
At least that's what I would prescribe in your REALLY want to light 'em up.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
C F I FLY said:
mine will smoke but not for long ..as still not got the trac loc installed ...waiting for end of summer to put car up for a couple of weeks to get her done right as no hurry here as i dont drive it at all in the winter...what gear ratio you got?
me???
as of right now 3.08 open rear.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
FordofSin said:
Something tells me that your solution to blowing smoke involves butt loads of torque courtesy of a 351. :D
At least that's what I would prescribe in your REALLY want to light 'em up.
nahhh, that doesn't help any....:tongue:

·
Registered
267 Posts
yup i got the 3.08 open rear too still will go side ways from a red light with just a few mods ...car was bought brand new from the ford lot and babied from my fiancee ..at 160,ooo now it's time for the bird to fly

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I can't nail it from a dead stop and smoke the tires. I have to stand on the brake and gas at the same time. But, my tranny is going out so, when I hit about 2k RPM it will smoke the tires a little. That may be the problem also. I don't know. Don't ask me.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I don't do it anyways. Unless there is a riceer next to me and he thinks all his stickers and fart muffler make his car fast. Then I give him as much American smoke as possible. Then leave his arse with a mouth full of tire rubber.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts