TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a swap in my 95 Bird I changed out the crank and the cam sensors and the coil packs where working fine on the other motor before the swap and They aren't that old to begin with. Haven't tried the ground thing yet like the other guy did in here going to check it right know but If anyone can come up with any other suggestions on what it might be feeol free to let me know please!! my # is 941-268-9524 my name is Shaun. If you are knowledgeable in this area and wouldn't mind giving me a call to help me out!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ground didn't work! any other Ideas!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Did you check If you're getting fuel?How are your gauges if you turn the key ignition on?when I was missing ground and turned the ignition on my rpm needle was bouncing little bit.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did you check If you're getting fuel?How are your gauges if you turn the key ignition on?when I was missing ground and turned the ignition on my rpm needle was bouncing little bit.
Fuel isn't the problem i have pressure but how do you check to see if fuel injectors are firing? When you turn the key on everything does like it should with no needle bounce. Also I pulled one of the plugs to check for spark and nothing checked all of the harness conections and they're all good.

does it crank?
It cranks and cranks and cranks but nothing other then that happens!

Did you swap early valve covers or you're running stock 97-98 COP valve covers?
Still has 97-98 COP covers but they dont affect the plug wires from going on to the plugs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Start issues

You can pick up a set of noid lights for testing the fuel injector wiring harness/processor to see is you're getting a pulse to the injectors. When I did an install recently the injectors were all stuck closed (I guess from sitting for a long period of time they gummed up). I Thought I had a spark issue because I too had good fuel pressure at the rail. I pulled a plug wire and put a spark plug in it and cranked the motor over to see if I had spark (which I did), I also tested each cylinder with a timing light, all had spark so I turned focus toward the fuel injectors. I wound up making a test harness out of an injector connector and a couple wires. I tried firing each of the injectors (after bleeding off fuel pressure so I didn't hydrolock the engine) by hooking up one wire (the hot to the injector) to the battery and cycled the other to ground (on and off) until the injectors started "ticking", you can actually hear them cycle, if you do't then they are stuck. The hots are the different colored wires and the grounds are all the same color on each injector. I figured I might have one or two stuck but all eight were stuck. Once I freed them up the car started. I wound up pulling the injectors back out and cleaning them because the car ran rough but at least it started.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got confused by the Gen 2 intake on the car, then i saw plug wires, but anyway, is the EDIS module hooked up?
I'm not sure I know that all the wires for the harness are hooked up where they go but where and what does the EDIS look like?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
No go changed it out with another Module and it still didn't start! It doesn't seem like the fuel injectors are firing either? I hooked up a test light to one of the and it doesn't come on when i crank the car over!?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
check crank sensor with an OHM meter and chacked good plugged connector in and checked the other end of the wires nothing so today I change out the wires and see what happens! I'll keep you all informed!

·
The Parts Guy
7,305 Posts
You do have the engine block grounded to the K-member and frame rails, right? It sounds like you're missing a ground somewhere. Have you checked your grounds at the EEC connector?

-Rod

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You do have the engine block grounded to the K-member and frame rails, right? It sounds like you're missing a ground somewhere. Have you checked your grounds at the EEC connector?

-Rod
I'm pretty sure I've gone over everything as far as the grounds go! I checked the crank sensor wiring all the way back to the EDIS module and they checked out good. So I'm guessing it's something simple but I just can't figure it out!!!!???? I wish I had someone close to here that could come look at it!!

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Have you checked for blown fuse 's

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you checked for blown fuse 's
yes I checked every fuse and none of them where blown. So I was checking some of the wiring today and found that when I turn the ignition to the on position and take a voltage reasding at the plug that connects to the coils i was geting a reading of about 6.9v so I think that I might be getting some short somewhere if any one can check to see if there is voltage on one of there motors that have a coil pack please let me know but I would asume that if you aren't cranking the motor there shouldn't be any reading at that plug?!

·
The Parts Guy
7,305 Posts
I'm not certain if that voltage is within spec, but you should definitely see power at the plug with the key on. Check to see if you're getting a timed ground at one of the trigger wires on that plug while cranking and report back.

-Rod

·
Registered
111 Posts
That almost sounds like what mine is doing, but I have no DOHC Motor, My plugs don't spark until the Check engine light Flashes on the cluster.
So it could be stuck injectors?.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts