TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time no see, it's good to be back on and see everything is going strong...On with the question:

So, about 5 months ago I bought a '96 Mark VIII that is running pretty good..My T-bird was still running when I parked it and it started up ok about 3 months ago or so, but this morning when I tried to crank it up the battery was dead. Well, that was no big surprise; I jumped the battery for a while and went out to start it up but it just turns over and over without firing at all. I checked to see if any fuel was getting to the fuel rail by opening that little valve and some fresh looking gas poured out of it, so I had my nephew turn the car over while I held one of the plug wires close to a ground to see if there would be an arch...there wasn't. Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Try wiggiling the connector for the crank sensor by the AC compressor. Mine did the same thing, only had to mess with it once like a year ago, havent done it again since

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
haha thats awesome!

Glad it wasnt something serious, dunno why it does that, and a simple wiggle fixes it.

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
The dreaded CKP harness ghost strikes again! About 5 years ago I had the same problem and someone told me to try that same solution. Apparently, without a signal from the sensor, the EEC will never fire spark because it doesn't know what position the crank is in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts