TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
affter everything else this car has been through...
it is getting gas, so the crank sensor is working

guy at autozone said it might be the ignition controller.

is there anything else that might be causing this? (I'm waiting for a new one to get here, just wondering if I should be looking elsewhere, and where to look if it isn't that)

·
Super Moderator
9,142 Posts
Getting gas does not mean the crank sensor is working. It means the fuel pump is working.

The crank sensor and the connector/wiring at the connector is the first thing to check.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Getting gas does not mean the crank sensor is working. It means the fuel pump is working.

The crank sensor and the connector/wiring at the connector is the first thing to check.
absolutely right. had that problem before where i was getting fuel but not ignition, it was indeed a crank sensor that was bad. granted it was on an old 5.0 engine.

·
Super Moderator
9,142 Posts
Just unbolt it and let it hang there, that will give you enough room to get the sensor out. No need to discharge the system or disconnect the lines.

There's three 10mm bolts. I replaced the sensor on the 97 this past winter, took me about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay, that was fun, but...still not there

at least I know I won't need to do that again for a while

time to recheck the wires

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
scratch that, my tester is fried...:-(

good news tho, the tach is working

is there a fuse I should be looking for?

·
Super Moderator
9,142 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
work got in the way,

I've replaced every electrical part that could be involved, It looks like I get to pull the covers off and see...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts