TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car won't start, sounds like it is about to turn over, but nothing happens. Cabling seems ok, has gas. I pulled the front 2 plugs on the drivers side, first one was covered in dust (threads were at least). Second one was covered in oil. Any ideas? I replaced plugs and wires last year around this time.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
well the oil covered plug is not good i know that. it could be piston rings or something else. as for no spark maybe theres too much oil in the fuel mixture. or it could be bad coils

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
So it won't even turn over(crank), meaning the starter cannot even spin the engine, or the starter will turn it over but it won't fire?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wont turn, pops thinks it's the ignition system. All wiring looks ok, I have no scanner to check with. I have noticed that there are times when I would come to a red light, the engine would sputter and crap out. But it would refire. I checked the remaining plugs, all seem fine. Just the two from drivers side ones were yucky looking.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Stills sounds like you're describing that the engine won't start running. But, that it does turn over, meaning... turning the key to Start position actually spins the motor but that it just doesn't ever actually run on it's own. So, it will turn over but it won't start.

It's confusing since you say it won't turn over, but you're describing ignition ailments making it sound like what everone else is thinking of as it turns over when you hit the key, it just isn't starting up.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That about sums it up. It gets to the point where it is about to turn over, but nope, nada, nothin. :confused:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well last night I talked to my neighbor, nice guy....drives a Ford truck :D.

Told him what was going on, so he came over to help with the almighty ThunderChicken.

After a few minutes, he grabbed some starter fluid, sprayed it into the air intake, and she started up :confused:. After he went back to his place, I decided to start it up again, nothing, nada, zip. So I sprayed a little staring fluid, started the car, and hopped in. I went around my neighborhood a few times. I noticed that when I came up to a stop sign, the the RPM's were steady, before they would fluctuate.

Dunno why she is doing it, but she seems to be purrin like a Cougar.....er, clucking like a chicken?

·
Registered
178 Posts
did your neighbor own a diesel truck?
a friend of mine used to own a ford diesel and that thing Required ether to start on cold days... it was almost important as fuel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts