TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a somewhat wierd problem. Yesterday I drove to the movies parked my car and when I came back I started it up. My radio has a security code and it was set off like it had been disconnected. I thought it was maybe a glitch in the radio or something. Well today the same thing happened only my car wouldnt start like there was no power, just one click noise no accesories or anything like the battery wasn't connected. What is the most likely cause? The terminals are clean and tight and the battery was tested good. After about 3 or 4 keyturns it started right up fast. Which ground or power wire is most likely to cause this?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Id say the positive cable from the battery to the solinoid would most likely cause this. Also check for corrosion at the ground ends. Is the insulation on the cable split at all?

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks will check that out tomorrow.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
+1 for the ground corrosion. I had that same problem and it acted the same way. It would click the starter over once then all the lights would turn off. An EASY way to detect a bad ground would to put a jumper cable on the negative battery clamp, then attach the other part of the jumper cable to an engine ground such as the egr valve piping. it should crank over slowly then start if you jump it seeing how the egr valve is a 90% great ground.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out it was the battery after all had to jump start it to get it running after work was over. got the duralast gold. It must have had a bad cell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts