TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished getting my car back together, and I've noticed that I have no turn signals and no 4 ways. I do have parking lamps and headlights (high and low beam). When I turn either the 4-ways or turn signal on, I get nothing, as if the relay is dead or disconnected. Any suggestions?

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Just finished getting my car back together
What did you take apart?

The first easy check is the fuse. The next step would be the MFS, which is an easy fix. There are many threads about cleaning the MFS.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did you take apart?
Half the car.... 100% of the interior out, HVAC box out, Entire A/C system replaced, added One touch down D/S & P/S windows, added power antenna, rewired and replaced gauges... :)

The first easy check is the fuse. The next step would be the MFS, which is an easy fix. There are many threads about cleaning the MFS.
Yeah, turns out it was the Malfunction Switch... From most of the reading I did, it didn't seem like the MFS because most of those threads stated "Sometimes work" and the 4-way switch altering the behavior... I had nothing, and nothing I tried got it working, so I figured what the heck, I'd take the MFS apart and try cleaning it. Worst case I eliminate that as the problem and have a clean MFS in the process. Put it together and hooked it up and all works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts