TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just swaped Blacktbird96's old trans into my car and now it apears to be making a scrping noise noise when the car is moving and in gear. It seems to be coming from the front of the car and while driving its apears to be related to car speed and not motor rpm (doesn't change with shifts) and becomes more of whir with speed. Also when up un blocks if the car in in neutral with the motor off, if I spin the rear wheels there is a whining noise fron the trans. If the car is running and neutral while up the wheels spin, not normal I don't think, but when driving the car seems to move a bit in neutral but once I try to hit the gas it just revs. Anyone have any idea what this could be and if any of this is related. I really need my car done this week for my 4 hour trip home to chi-town. I have checked the drive shaft and nothing is touching also.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan Miller

EDIT: Would this have anything to do with the trans lines? I bent them while moving the trans and was never 100% sure I got them in the right spots.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Something doesnt sound right.... are you sure the TC wasn't bound up when you installed the transmission?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silver95Bird said:
Something doesnt sound right.... are you sure the TC wasn't bound up when you installed the transmission?
Yes I know it doesn't sound right but its not the TC since its vehicle speed related not rpm related. I think teh output bearing on the trans is dry so I am goign to try and squirt some trans fluid up there to see if it helps.

-Miller

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Hmm, is it possible the TC nuts are occaisionally rubbing the cover plate to the bellhousing? Ive had that happen too.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silver95Bird said:
Hmm, is it possible the TC nuts are occaisionally rubbing the cover plate to the bellhousing? Ive had that happen too.
Already checked and its only when teh car is moving. Also it is NOT rpm related so it has to do with the driveshaft in some way. I'm pretty sure I have it figured out just have to find time to get under the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts