TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a bad sound coming from the front of the engine. I believe is is coming from the lower passenger side. What is that thing the belt is running. I thought a smog pump.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The first things I would check would be the tensioner and idler pullies. Rotate the tensioner to loosen the belt, then give each of them a spin and see what the bearings feel like. I just replaced the idler pulley on mine and got rid of a very annoying noise. It was easy to tell from rotating the pulley that the bearings were shot. I think I paid $12 or $15 for a replacement at Advance Auto.

·
Registered
811 Posts
The first things I would check would be the tensioner and idler pullies. Rotate the tensioner to loosen the belt, then give each of them a spin and see what the bearings feel like. I just replaced the idler pulley on mine and got rid of a very annoying noise. It was easy to tell from rotating the pulley that the bearings were shot. I think I paid $12 or $15 for a replacement at Advance Auto.
I changed mine twice. I thought the first one was bad so I took it back and got another. The result was the same. So now I just spray the sh!t out of that mother with WD-40. Works like a charm.:D But yes, I agree that this is what is squeeking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts