TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, ive got the cobra brake upgrade finished, had em an for about 3 years now. is anyone else haveing problems with these being exessivly noisey and warping? i bought the rotors from ford and put them on brand new, and the calipers from my old cobra. ever since i have put them on they havent been "right". when i slightly press the brake pedal it sounds like the pads are going to rattle out of the calipers, are all the 2 piston pbr's this noisy? finally, what would be the next best thing above the cobra brakes? i want to replace them becouse the braking power isnt quite what i want. possibly a set of 00 cobra R disks and calipers?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
The calipers are very noisy; it's the pads rattling. Motorcraft sells a brake hardware kit that has anti-rattle clips. Search the brake forum; I've posted the part number before.

What pads are you using? What tires and how old are they? The Cobra brakes are plenty big for everything except full-blown road racing. The stopping power is dependant on the pads and the tires.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tires are only about 8k miles old and i just did a brake job (turn the rotors and installed new hawk pads). its not just rattling, it shakes the wheel like the rotors are warped, but just pressing the brake harder smoothes it out. i actually found a set of 2000 cobra r calipers so i think ill be upgrading!!

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Mine make a ton of noise too. I have factory Ford pads with the anti rattle clips that mount on the pad themselves. Are there other anti rattle clips available? I figure something isnt quite right with mine as I couldnt imagine a car coming from the factory with brakes that make so much noise.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mine are the quietest things on the car! I've got cobra brakes on all 4 corners and the only thing I do get is a slight squeek when backing out of garage on a wet day.

how are your hubs?? are they rusty and causing the rotor to not sit flat?

Brad

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Mine have warped just recently. They were doing there job just fine before that when just stopping normal. When I get down hard on the brakes they do tend to be louder, but I also have slotted rotors so I figured that would add to the noise. The rears are another story....but I think that is a cheap pad problem.

Russell

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, today i said to hell with the 13" cobra brakes, i just ordered the 2000 cobra R 4 piston calipers!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts