TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I am throwing some codes on the old taurus...does anyone see anything that would give me a starting point..perhaps a common relation between these codes? 172, 326, 327, 634. I swapped the mlps with a known good one, and code 634 did not go away.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I don't think it is not that anybody doesn't want to help, just that most of us are not familiar with the Taurus. Those codes are not OBD2 codes that 94-97 Tbird uses. Maybe if you post what the text of the codes are somebody may have a clue.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Well it just so happens that I have my Ford Fuel Injection book out today, let's see what those codes mean.

172: Lack of O2 Switches, indicates lean.
326: EGR sensor circuit voltage lower than expected
327: EGR circuit below minimum voltage
634: Manual Lever Position sensor voltage out of self-test range

The only thing I see in common there are voltage issues (save for the O2 sensor, which could be giving you that reading because of the EGR fault). I'd take a close look at the wiring harnesses that the EGR and transmission wiring take off from, and see if there's something burned through or broken.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome... the codes seemed to start sometime after I got the transmission rebuilt, so I will check the harnesses next.

On my bird, I do the thing with the number 15 fuse to reset the computer. Is there a similar procedure on the older systems?

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
i like how its acronym should be tccoa but its not, cause we're better. ha lol jk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts