TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm supposed to be paying off my '95 S10 tomorrow, but I think it has an engine knock, or lifter?

When I rev on the engine, you can hear it clicking louder, even in neutral. It has 84,200 miles on it. I drove it a mile away and kept it in first and second mostly, when I got there I checked the oil and tranny fluid. The oil needs to be changed and seems fine, but I saw a couple small pinhead-sized bubbles on the dipstick.

I was having trouble checking this out earlier due to it raining. Any clue if this is major? I wouldn't have guessed with the low miles, but I guess you can't always be sure.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I parked it, revved up the engine, let off the gas, and it seemed like it was dieing a little. I dunno, having mixed feelings on this purchase. Maybe I can at least talk him down the couple hundred I don't have so I don't lose too much if it does crap out. That is, if the title will even transfer. (He never took it in to the DMV when he bought the truck last year, just left the signed title in the glovebox.) We're supposed to meet at the DMV tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Try listening to the noise through a mechanic's stethoscope (or a long tube). That should help you pinpoint the source.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess it's coming from the exhaust, near the exhaust manifold. Had a buddy look at it today after work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts