TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nor-Cal / So-Cal .. seems like these days I dont know anybody who has a Bird/Cougar in this area. Everybody I know has sold them and moved on. SCCOA seems like nothing has been happening for a while, and the Norcalsvtoa website is just dead. Doesnt seem like there are as many events as there used to be anymore.

Whose still around with a car that actually runs ???

- Dan

·
Registered
295 Posts
Right now I am still waiting on my SC to be fixed up. My 89 still runs, I put a lot of effort and money to fix it up and make it look decent but its just too expensive and not worth it. But atleast it still runs and thanks for your help. I think my SC should be done soon.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is going on with your SC ?? ( Other than it running too hot apparently )

Were you still planning on taking it down here for some work at the end of this year like you asked me about in January ?? LOL

Ive been debating what to do with my 94 SC still - It really only needs a few minor things ( something is up with the clutch pedal / bracket / master cylinder alignment ) .. fix the door panels and hinges. Then the cosmetic stuff. Other than that the engine runs great - I just dont have a need for the extra car and nobody wants to give me what its "worth" .. there is no way im selling a car with a $500 BHJ balancer on a completely rebuilt engine for $1000 because it has a Salvage title. But then the police keep harassing me for parking it in the street. People are crazy.

- Dan

·
Registered
295 Posts
My SC needs drivers side UCA to be replaced l, power steering pump was bad, water pump had a small leak. Spark plugs, wires, radiator and fan are getting replaced with new ones. I just installed new brakes in the front and back so I need to leave them on until I use them up. If you have any spare 93+ spindles can I pick those up with new caplipers installed, so I can have them installed when i need them. The T-bird's I saw at your place where nice. I don't know which ones are gone becides the ANNY you used to have. I wish I would have bought that one off you instead of spending too much on my 89. I wouldn't mind buying your cars, I need a auto but all your cars are manual. I don't think you should sell it too cheap just cause 94/95 manual are extremely rare. I thought they would have stopped worring about parking your car aventually. I can't wait to get my SC back its fun to drive, its the fastest car I ever had.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That drivers side uca is a pain to get to with the early style abs. Yeah im sure i have spare 93 spindles, i would replace the hub / bearings while youre at it also. I sold that 90 anny, that is all. If you want to ride in a something fast, my super sport blows the sc out of the water, its just more fun to drive manul sometimes.

- Dan

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Dan:
I just noticed that you had changed your handle :)
I'm still here as well; I still have your gastank so just let me know if you need it back. It turns out that my initial plan to add multiple pickups won't work as easily as anticipated (since the fuel pump goes in at an angle so I moved onto another project I can work on at night more quietly after my kid goes to bed.) Cutting metal fuel line is a bit loud.

Most recently, I de-scuzzified my dash panel with all of it's gauges and switches (oil temp, coolant temp, oil pressure, voltage at battery, voltage at alternator, coolant pressure, oil pressure). This wasn't a big deal when I only had one gauge but with so many gauges it was starting to look like spaghetti back there. Everything is now tied up into a loom and there are connectors so the panel is easily removable.

While I was at it, I went through and labeled every single non-stock wire I have in my car. This made me track down why exactly I had ????? wire going into the harness on the passenger side (aka all the stuff I had to track down a few years ago when I dropped the 302V8 into the 95 chassis).

It almost looks like an intentional racecar now.

Finally, I finished my cellular based comm system and tore out the old digital spread spectrum FRS setup. I realized that all you need as a driver is to tell the pits that you are coming in (no chatter is needed) and all the pits need to do is tell the drive to come in or let him know that we received his pit msg.

I was planning to add temp monitoring functionality to the arduino SMS system (so you could text "temp" and get the current temps) but my new temp gauges use these fancy RTD PT100 temp sensors which I cannot piggyback on without interfering with the onboard temp gauge. The solution is to add another temp sensor and wiring or just leave that functionality out.

My next project (if I continue to ignore the fuel pickup problem) will be to add a SECOND arduino to do datalogging of oil pressure vs accelerometer (so I can see if I'm still getting oil pressure drops on right hand sweepers even after installing the accusump) OR finish wiring in the Intel compute stick so I can do onboard datalogging from the Quarterhorse module on the ECU (that requires windows).

This car is getting a silly amount of embedded processing for its age.
I hope you and the fam are doing well.
-g

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm still around and still wrenching on all my cars. Not really on this site much anymore.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike -
Hows everything going down there in So-Cal ?? I know you guys have the occasional car show. Nothing happening up here. One of these days I might be down for a drive. None of this half way meeting stuff, there isnt much going on in between here and there but if a group is getting together down there I may be down one of these days ..

Gunn -
Yeah well I had trouble getting into my other account after the password change issue - No way to get ahold of admins and no clue what email address I used to set it up 10 years ago. No hurry on the gas tank, the SC is parked for now and I have no plans on starting work on it anytime soon.

Baybird -
Long time no talk. yeah it has been quite a while, im surprised you caught up on this thread. Any progress with your bird ?? Other than selling all of your nice parts over the last few years.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Baybird -
Long time no talk. yeah it has been quite a while, im surprised you caught up on this thread. Any progress with your bird ?? Other than selling all of your nice parts over the last few years.
Well since I'm driving the Mark everyday the bird sits most of the time. I do want to make the fuel lines safer and replace a few coolant hoses to make it more reliable.

I plan on working on the Mark soon, maybe some aftermarket mufflers and the j-mod? I don't plan on spending to much money on this car, it's just a reliable beater for now. I also want to rebuild my impala's suspension and convert to disc brakes up front but that's a whole other project.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Norcal here. Central Valley to be more specific. My 94 is my daily.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Down here at the Salton Sea, I have 2 birds still running. A '92 5.0 and a '97 4.6..my daily driver.
I keep both in good condition (needs paint, it's hot here) because there's nothing here in the desert. I have to use Amazon to get parts, but that's OK.

·
Super Moderator
11,875 Posts
I'll be in the San Luis Obispo area for the next few days. I'll be flying out of Fresno when I leave. If anyone's nearby and would like to meet let me know.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Didn't see this thread till today - haven't logged in all year. Long time no talk TM, not since I was taking Steam classes. Hit me up if you ever visit closer to Los Esteros or Moss landing areas.

·
Super Moderator
11,875 Posts
Will do. Hope all's well out your way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in the LA area, and would have loved to have gotten something started on this side if I'd noticed this thread earlier. However, my bird passed away just last week. :'(
Just posted the story under the 3.8 section, if anyone's interested.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts