TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm also in LA area – don't see too many T-Birds anymore. I have almost 132,000 on my daily driver 4.6L Sport, still running well. The only problem I've been experiencing is the e-brake light stays on after releasing it, unless I tap it on the underside with my foot. Maybe a switch that needs to be lubricated?

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm also in LA area – don't see too many T-Birds anymore. I have almost 132,000 on my daily driver 4.6L Sport, still running well. The only problem I've been experiencing is the e-brake light stays on after releasing it, unless I tap it on the underside with my foot. Maybe a switch that needs to be lubricated?
Yeah there is a wire on the E-brake, probably loose connection but it would help if you actually looked at it. :wink2:

Been happily driving around San Francisco and the rest of the Bay Area in my 1997 Thunderbird Sport since August of last year!
South bay near San Jose here, but I don't see too many Tbirds in the area nowadays, just a few here and there if I notice them at all. I don't drive my SC at all anymore.

I'm in the LA area, and would have loved to have gotten something started on this side if I'd noticed this thread earlier. However, my bird passed away just last week. :'(
Just posted the story under the 3.8 section, if anyone's interested.

Thanks
Thats too bad. Hey are you looking to buy a replacement ??? LOL

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
South bay near San Jose here, but I don't see too many Tbirds in the area nowadays, just a few here and there if I notice them at all. I don't drive my SC at all anymore.
The areas I'm in (northern San Mateo County) I've seen a surprising number around! I think I drove up one street in my suburban hometown and saw like 3 parked within blocks of each other. I've even caught a few in SF itself as well.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The areas I'm in (northern San Mateo County) I've seen a surprising number around! I think I drove up one street in my suburban hometown and saw like 3 parked within blocks of each other. I've even caught a few in SF itself as well.
I think I just ignore them nowadays .. too busy keeping an eye out for an unlucky dodge or piece of **** ford owner to get smoked.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Wow, long time Earl. I don't think I can wait that long for you to come pick up my Tbird. LOL I think the last time you came by my house was in 2006.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Wow, long time Earl. I don't think I can wait that long for you to come pick up my Tbird. LOL I think the last time you came by my house was in 2006.
NOPE! Last time was May 2010 when you jerry modded and installed a transmission cooler...you worked wonders on that car...that was a real fun day.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
SoCal here. I'm about 2hrs east of Downtown LA.

There are a few MN12s / FN10s in my area. Though, most I see are parked on the owner's driveway or on the street. I know some are getting driven, but others, I'm unsure of.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts